+ Reply to Thread
    Undeniable Phone Addict

How to turn off Beam Security Lock

I know there are programs out there that will allow me to unlock the security of any of my programs so that I may beam them to another palm device.

Since I do not have a sync cable or cradle for my I330, I want to use my spare 6035 and then beam things to the I330. This way I can get the programs to the I330 w/o having the cable.

The blazer browser that comes w/ the I330 will not allow me to download anything to the palm, so I can't get things I want on my I330.

The address book and other programs are "LOCKED" so that they cannot be beamed.

But I know I saw a free program that would allow me to turn off the "LOCK" and then be able to beam things.

Any info I could get would be greatly appreciated.

I am sure others would like to know this info as well.

Thanks,
    HHHEEELLLLOOOO YYY"AAALLLLL!!!!

Filez is a freeware file manager that allows you to change database attributes. You will want to uncheck the "Copy Protect" option. Once you do that you can beam the file from within the file manager to the device of your choice. I have also seen an application out there that is dedicated for this very feature, removing the copy protection. However, I do not know if it is free or not. But then again, Filez allows you to do this as well as see databases that are usually hidden in Palm's Info feature.

BE WARNED Changing database attributes may cause crashes. Do this at your own risk and make sure you have your information backed up.

(EDIT: fixed wording in last sentence)
    Last edited by celticmagick; 03-07-2004 at 10:37 PM.
    Best Regards,

Jason

::My i330 is my Mac when I'm away from my...well, my Mac!::

Re: How to turn off Beam Security Lock

Originally posted by dfwtxpatrick
    ...The address book and other programs are "LOCKED" so that they cannot be beamed.

I'm not sure that's true. It seems to me that although the address book itself is locked, you can actually beam an entire category. If you have all your addresses, as I do, in one category, the ability to beam all of them means that its "locked" nature is unimportant. But this is what it seems to me because it has been a long time since I tried to beam a large group of addresses (because when I beam it to my spouse's palm, she ends up having doubles of almost everything--too bad there's no way of beaming a group but having duplicates automatically deleted). Maybe I'm wrong about this, though.

How do you obtain the freeware "Feliz"? I would like to beam my advanced calculator and City Time apps from my Handspring Visor to my i330.
    Samsung i330 > palmOne Treo 650
    palmOne case. Bluespoon AX2 bluetooth headset. SanDisk Ultra II 1.0GB SD Card.

Simply go to PalmGear and do a search for FileZ. Proceed to download.
    Best Regards,

Jason

::My i330 is my Mac when I'm away from my...well, my Mac!::

It would help if I had the spelling correct. Thanks for the info. I'll look into it and report back.
    Samsung i330 > palmOne Treo 650
    palmOne case. Bluespoon AX2 bluetooth headset. SanDisk Ultra II 1.0GB SD Card.