+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Desktop update

Quote Originally Posted by Bandersnatch View Post
    , you could try this:
    Great link, Bandersnatch!

Twould be nice to be able to update the Desktop to 6.xx which I thought was not compatible with the dat files, but could be.

I'm hoping the IR synch will be functional for x64 - still waiting for the little syncher (with x64 driver) from Taiwan. It will be slow of course, but there is no alternative (no bluetooth) in the i500.

Now if coder-type persons would only write some actual 64 bit applications for this PC I won't look so foolish just heating my coffee cup on top of it.

Not too cold this year in Minnesota, is it?

FRUMIOUS BANDERSNATCH

Quote Originally Posted by Bandersnatch View Post
    Just jam a few layers of tape on the back of the battery until it's a snug fit. I used mine that way for years...
    That's a FRUMIOUS solution if I ever heard one. How you doing?

Blazor Boy
    That'sssssssss all folks!

Quote Originally Posted by QuestOnQwest View Post
    Not too cold this year in Minnesota, is it?
    It's like October and November got swapped -- I think I'll have to mow my lawn one last time tomorrow morrning.

Quote Originally Posted by blazorboy View Post
    That's a FRUMIOUS solution if I ever heard one. How you doing?

Blazor Boy
    I still miss the i500. but for now the 755p is working out for me. I loaded TealOS when it was available, so I have a Pre-like user interface. I'd like to try the Pre or maybe the new Droid, but my current plan costs half of what it would for one of those other phones with iPhone-like pricing. I like having a keyboard much more than I expected, so I don't miss Grafitti at all. And the 755p keyboard is so much better than the touchscreen keyboard on my iPod touch that I'm not at all interested in an iPhone.

The biggest downsides with the 755p are the web browser (so I use Safari on the iPod when WiFi is available) and the fact that I'm running through screen protectors at an alarming rate. The last thing I want to do is add a case and make the 755p even bigger -- I have one, but I never use it.

Thanks for the weather news. Will be in St P later today.
    B B
    That'sssssssss all folks!

Switched to HTC Touch Pro 2 - other than Windows Mobile conversion (easier than I thought on learning curve), the phone is great - same plan, 4 phones 1500 minutes unlimited data - and with all mobile to mobile - no issue on minutes - all for under $200 including taxes, etc.
    wish there were a clam shell - but the new phones are so much more powerful - and with Palm going Pre - would have to convert to something anyway.
    phone is a little bigger - but big keyboard - and virtual keyboard - screen is huge - and can read w/o reading glasses (for those over 40).
    Nothing like this Forum for support - although Sprint Users forums are full of stuff - and everybody plays with the new things.
    keeping in touch with you guys
    steve
    stevedrummer
    "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    - Herm Albright