+ Reply to Thread

Sync with Outlook 2003

My wife wants to start sync-ing her i500 with Outlook 2003 instead of the original Palm desktop. I read a few threads on syncing with OL but it is confusing to the technologically limited. Is there a pretty simple straightforward way to do this? She has all the original CDs for the phone, which include Pocket Mirror. I read that OL 2003 might make this a bit more copmlicated.
    Al

Loved my old Samsung i500 (Palm, yes Palm); loathed Win Mobile in a VZW-8600; loved my current Blackberry Curve for getting on 3 years but it's time for an iPhone!

Hey Al -

Here is a link in this forum that goes through the steps pretty well.

Sync to Outlook

I do believe that you will either have to upgrade the version of PocketMirror that came with the i500 (small fee), or use the method descrbed here using the drivers from Palm Desktop.

Good Luck!

The last version of Chapura's PocketMirror I got that was a free upgrade was version 3.1.7.1 dated January 21, 2005. It looks like it's no longer available on thier website.

It requires version 2.0 or newer be installed prior to applying the update, but it should be on your i500 CD in the \Install\software\PM313STD folder (or something similar depending on the vintage of your phone). According to the page at http://www.chapura.com/pmstd_details_history.php it says that version 3.1.5 had "Changes made for Outlook 2003 compatibility", so you may need that one (or newer).

Thanks, all. Turns out the bride figured out how to do it herself while I was out of town. Obviously I did not marry an idiot. She, on the other hand . . .
    Al

Loved my old Samsung i500 (Palm, yes Palm); loathed Win Mobile in a VZW-8600; loved my current Blackberry Curve for getting on 3 years but it's time for an iPhone!