+ Reply to Thread

i500 as a paperweight? Open to ideas.

I got three of i500 plus two chargers and three (i think) extended battery and one slim battery.

SO I dont know what to do with them, since Sprint's already droppin' almost everything that its pointless to keep the i500 as a back ups.

So any suggestion on what to do with 'em besides of paperweight? Ive thought about donating it to "battered women" shelter home for the women to use it as a cell phone, and things like that.

Just dont want to see the i500 go to waste, when they're still functional, despite the "internet" severe drawbacks now-a-days.

I think the "battered women" idea is the best. It used to be if you took them to Radio Shack, they would do the donation for you.

sph-i500 anyone?

I have a Samsung SPH-i500 smart phone and accessories available free. Just pay mailing costs.

Accessories consist of:

Spare batteries
    USB sync/charging cradle
    Wall charging cable (2)
    Auto charging cable

I would be happy to pay shipping if you've still got all this stuff. I'm a cheap SOB and still love the form factor and usefulness of my i500 but it's starting to have multiple issues.

Quote Originally Posted by tenholde View Post
    I have a Samsung SPH-i500 smart phone and accessories available free. Just pay mailing costs.

Accessories consist of:

Spare batteries
    USB sync/charging cradle
    Wall charging cable (2)
    Auto charging cable

Quote Originally Posted by dmholmes View Post
    I would be happy to pay shipping if you've still got all this stuff. I'm a cheap SOB and still love the form factor and usefulness of my i500 but it's starting to have multiple issues.
    Already gave it to church.

tenholde

Serves me right for not visiting the forum more often. Glad it went to a good use.

Treo Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by dmholmes View Post
    Serves me right for not visiting the forum more often. Glad it went to a good use.
    I have an I-500 that is actually in good shape and I will never use it again. Don't have the charger, but since you already have one that should not be an issue. As long as we can figure out something for shipping we should be able to work it out. PM me with your info.

I am still using my i500

I've had it for 5 or 6 years I think, and everyone makes fun of me, but I just can't give it up. The only thing that is making me want to go to a Centro is that is it annoying not to be able to send text messages or know who is sending them to me. Is there any solution to this? I am totally new to this website and have actually never posted anything to a forum like this before.

Quote Originally Posted by TYALPER View Post
    The only thing that is making me want to go to a Centro is that is it annoying not to be able to send text messages or know who is sending them to me. Is there any solution to this?
    There are many threads about this topic. You may want to read the most recent posts to get more of a complete picture. Basically:
    1) there is no fix for the missing sender info on incoming SMSs to the i500.
    2) if you have Internet/Vision service on your i500, then you *can* send out textmsgs by using the latest version of the TM program that I have patched. See this post for details: SMS Text Messenger not working ... the version you want is called tm-spcs.com .
    3) the Auto! function on these programs no longer works (3rd party service died).
    4) you must therefore supply the correct carrier of the party you wish to send to, and only a few are supported (I think Verizon, Sprint, Tmobile, AT&T, and in some versions Alltel, Qwest and old AT&T).

Some has posted about a service similar to the teleflip.com service that supported the Auto! function: Beltic . I just tried it and it does work, sorta...
    - so far, it seems to need the country code (US == 1)
    - I can't get it to send anything more than the Subject: line

So, if there are enough people that REALLY, REALLY want this new Auto! service, it *might* be possible for me to patch up a version of TM to include it. But not sure I want to spend the time if nobody is really interested (you can always just send via Eudora if you don't know the carrier for TM).

thanks!

Wow, I can finally text after all these years - thanks so much. Do you know why sometimes my i500 does tell me who is making an incoming text? It seems random, and unrelated to whether I have the person in my address book.

Also, am I right that the text program you just had me download would not work to send a text to someone with an iPhone b/c they all have AT&T?

And finally, what is Eudora and how do I get it?

Thanks so much and sorry for the basic questions.

Generally, if you actually get the sender info from a textmsg on the i500, its because the sender is also a Sprint customer.

AT&T is essentially the old Cingular, so texting AT&T customers using the Cingular carrier choice in TM should work 98% of the time. There are a few instances where the Cingular/AT&T customer originally had an OLD AT&T account that was migrated to Cingular. When last tested, texting to those customers required a different address -- you can d/l the version tm-att.prc to try that if you run into that issue. But I would think most iPhone users have new AT&T accounts and "cingular" should work. Let me know...

Eudora is a free POP3 email client for PalmOS. You would need a POP3 mailbox to get mail with it, and, if on Sprint, try using the SMTP server smtp.sprintpcs.com to send email from it. Also there is one nasty bug in it that causes the i500 to crash 100% of the time: Don't tap on an email address that is part of an email header.

Surprisingly, Eudora seems to still be available for d/l from Qualcomm/Eudora if you know where to get it. Try this link, and otherwise report back (the package is called EIS, Eudora Internet Suite, and also includes a crufty text only webbrowser):

Eudora Internet Suite - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com
    Last edited by monkeyboy; 01-08-2009 at 02:40 PM.

great - thanks so much