+ Reply to Thread

Why didja quit/bail-out on Samsung i500?

I'm just curious on why.

Me -- I can't do it without text. I -really- need text for communication enabling access, work-related. So I cannot afford the unreliability with the i500 text message issues.

What's your primary reason?

- "need" for much better web browsing
    - EVDO
    - OTA calendar sync'ing
    - Slingbox, movies, Google maps/GPS

I used the i500 for some time. But, Web browsering became difficult, had a family plan at the time, Quit the contract about 6 mos ago. I now have a Nokia e61i, using t-mobile prepaid. But still carry a Palm z-31. I like the palm os. I resented the fact that spiint did not supoort the i500.

Corporate Cog
    It was originally text messaging and a better browser. I stayed Palm and have owned 2 700p's and 2 Centros since. Googlemaps, removable storage, better movie/music apps, bluetooth, and a full qwerty keyboard have all solidified my decision. I'll be jumping to the Pre as soon as I can get my hands on one. But if I see a clamshell touchscreen PDAphone on the market, I'll be tempted to move to it.

I went to the i755p because my i500 developed touch screen issues, and they had no i500's ready for exchange. the girl on the phone was Very apologetic, even Before I had said anything. I guess she had this kind of call before *grin* they offered me my choice of phone color in a New i755p and I had to take it.

I started my smart phone's with a I300 off FleaBay for $125, then when it developed problems, they sent me a new i500. stayed with it for Years. Loved it.... after 6 replacements, I am now on the i755 and my Total cost over the years was: $125+(6X35=$210)+(2X50=$100)=$435. Not bad for two new phones, 8 good smart phone total, & 7? years of smart phone usage.... lots of usage. I am interested in the Pre, but i do like my i755p just fine.
    I've found that I don't need to have someone else measure the length of my fur.
    Camstone Fox
    >^..^<

I was intrigued by the Centro and since my boy became a teenager, it beccame important to actually have a phone with good text capabilities. And Sprint made me a deal on a couple Centros that I couldn't resist. Still have the i500 as a back up though

Converged to near implant level
    Rainstorm + i500 + urgent need for a phone=Centro bought off Craigslist. Tealscript has Graffiti 1 running great on it. Everything is at least as good. Except the PHONE part. Call quality is vastly inferior, though "good enough".

Texting, mp3 playing, Snappermail... plus no more fiddling with failing older legacy batteries.

It was a great run, I had 4 of 'em.

thinking about going to HTC Touch Pro 2 - when it comes out in Sept.
    web browser problem with i500 starting to get to me
    hate to leave Palm - but Pre is no longer Palm Desktop friendly - so might have to go to WM (ugh - Outlook far inferior to Palm Desktop).
    stevedrummer
    "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    - Herm Albright

Quote Originally Posted by stevedrummer View Post
    I dunno if Xiino still works, but do you at least have that? if not, PM me...

yeah, I did the WM thing a while ago... with the HTC Diamond now... looking for the Whitestone (keyboard-less TP2)...

Quote Originally Posted by stevedrummer View Post
    thinking about going to HTC Touch Pro 2 - when it comes out in Sept.
    hate to leave Palm - but Pre is no longer Palm Desktop friendly - so might have to go to WM (ugh - Outlook far inferior to Palm Desktop).
    Well, you could just pick up a Centro or 755p -- you could probably find one cheap these days. Or wait for Chapura Echo to synch the Pre with Palm Desktop: Echo is the Palm Desktop synchronization solution for Palm Pre

Or, if you're forced to use Outlook on WM anyway, you could go with the Pre and use Chapura Pocketmirror to synch with Outlook -- and that version is available now. But, (unlike Pocketmirror for PalmOS devices) it looks like both of those Pre options from Chapura only synch Calendar and Contacts, and not Notes and Tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandersnatch View Post
    Well, you could just pick up a Centro or 755p -- you could probably find one cheap these days. Or wait for Chapura Echo to synch the Pre with Palm Desktop: Echo is the Palm Desktop synchronization solution for Palm Pre

Or, if you're forced to use Outlook on WM anyway, you could go with the Pre and use Chapura Pocketmirror to synch with Outlook -- and that version is available now. But, (unlike Pocketmirror for PalmOS devices) it looks like both of those Pre options from Chapura only synch Calendar and Contacts, and not Notes and Tasks.

I agree with SD re desire to stay with Palm Desktop. Will wait to see how well the Pre works with Echo etc. and then my switch from my 755p. But no real pressing reason to switch that I can see as long as the 755p works as well as it does now. (Yes I have left the beloved I500.)

BB
    That'sssssssss all folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bandersnatch View Post

Looks like Echo was released on Friday...