+ Reply to Thread

thread participation

No activity for months - I finally went Winmo - and no clamshell - but getting used to it. HTC touch pro 2
    How long will Sprint last?
    stevedrummer
    "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    - Herm Albright

Well, I still get the occasional alert when someone posts to the site, but I guess there are few users of the beloved but outdated I500 these days.

I have moved onto a 755p and now use a Blackberry. I still keep my Palm Desktop up todate for contacts for it allows me to dial from the computer.

Not sure what I will do when I no longer have access to Lotus Notes via work. I do miss the Palm calendar very much. The Blackberry's calendar is poor at best.

Keep up the good fight old Steve.

Blazor Boy
    That'sssssssss all folks!

Wow. It's been a long spell since I last came here. Yeah, I still miss my i500, but I've moved on to BB Tour and iPod Touch. And in no way can i500 be even close to those two devices!

However, the size of it really beats the BB and iPod Touch!

some of us still realize we owned the best PalmOS product, ever! I will never sell mine. It sits right next to my Kyo 6035 which would be my first PalmOS phone. Won't get rid of that one either.

I am now an owner of a Palm Pixi and suffering through with webOS. I have a Samsung Moment and Treo Pro as back up. The funniest struggle is I've found no solution for memos that I like, and every now and then I need info from a memo I don't have on me, and it frustrates me. No Docs to Go on webOS and their stupid little note app sucks. Android, no gdocs on there yet? Hello, it's your own OS?? Google getting involved with smartphones just dumbed down the entire category. It's amazing in this day and age you can still take three steps forward and two back.

It was interesting to see three people viewing this forum when I popped on.

And the Palm Pixi....it is an amazing little phone. Typing on it is a dream and I often forget it's in my pocket. No case, no holster, just a screen protector. And with the touchstone back I don't fumble for charging cables and can stream Pandora and slacker to my stereo via a BT headset adapter. Pretty sweet.
    Save at least 15% on ProClip Products. PM me for info how to order. My website is down now that I dumped comcast for verizon.

It's just mostly dead.

As much as I loved my i500, I was forced to get rid of it when the slimline battery died and I couldn't find a replacement.

Now using the Pre.

But my 5 year old loves the i500 - the thing is built like a tank.

Administrator
    the doors are still open. there are still folks out there who use this device and they do come thru here and smoke over the archives. just because there are not many new posts does not mean the forum is dead..

I truly wish they had the i500's sms text message resolved, cuz I would re-activate it in a jif and use it exclusively for work. For I rely on text message heavily at my work site.

Quote Originally Posted by Marctronixx View Post
    the doors are still open. there are still folks out there who use this device and they do come thru here and smoke over the archives. just because there are not many new posts does not mean the forum is dead..
    Frodo also lives!

B B

How sad to see the I500 slowly disappear. It was my favorite. I moved to the Sprint HTC Touch (Vogue) and re-activated the I500 4 or 5 times because I preferred it over the Touch. But now I'm using the Touch because of all the stuff it does that the I500 couldn't do.

One thing the I500 is/was is STABLE. The Windows Mobile HTC Touch has to be soft re-set every couple of days or it just locks up! Oh well.

...never dead, just dormant. My i500 still sits on my credenza behind my desk, not activated any longer. Have been using an HTC Touch Pro for over a year, and still don't really like it. Not stable, and would prefer a clamshell with hard phone buttons. Every once in a while I'll pick up the i500 and ask myself "why don't they make another clamshell smartphone like this anymore"???

The i500 truly was a special phone.
    The i550 was fun too, a crying shame it was killed before ever being released to the public.

For now I'm still with a Palm Centro, it does the job with bluetooth, ev-do and easy phone as a modem usage, but I still do miss the clamshell form factor. Can't get anything newer than the Centro without giving up my legacy plan, so it looks like I'll be with Palm OS for a while!
    My Palm phone evolution:
    i330>i500>i550>755p>Centro.

ReHi to all. Good again to hear from JL and Rev. I330. Hard not to keep one"s head in the cloud with any new system and still no PIM as good as the Palm OS. While I use a fine blackberry I still keep my 5 desktops up to date via the Treo. With some 4K address book entries it helps to have the Palm desktop. Not sure where I will go if once I no longer have Lotus Notes from work.
    Best to all.
    B B

Surprised to see new posts - BB heading to Cambridge tomorrow.
    Using HTC TP 2 - and only logged on to see if anybody has a clue how to get good screen savers for it. That's the most annoying part about not having a clamshell. Otherwise the phone is OK. Still keep Palm Desktop on computer - even though the i500 can't sync with Vista (at least not that I know). I have spare phones, batteries, chargers, etc. but too lazy to list on ebay.
    It's hard for us dinosaurs to cope with the new world.
    This forum has been a lifesaver - the Sprint user's forum is almost as good - but the other Forums in this web site are not as good as the old i500.
    Best to all,
    Steve
    stevedrummer
    "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    - Herm Albright

Hey old Steveo,

Just on my way to CHI will be back in Cambridge Tuesday night. How long will you be in town. Can do breakfast or late drinks Weds. at the Charles if you are available.
    B B

Left Cambridge Wed to RI - flying out Thurs from Logan at 6 - going to condo rehab at 29 Concord (at Cragie) about 3 PM Thurs. - you near there?
    Steve
    stevedrummer
    - Herm Albright

Quote Originally Posted by stevedrummer View Post
    Left Cambridge Wed to RI - flying out Thurs from Logan at 6 - going to condo rehab at 29 Concord (at Cragie) about 3 PM Thurs. - you near there?
    Steve
    See your PM.
    B B