+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Covered in great detail HERE...

"You can get the ISO of the install CD direct from Samsung. I added the link to it in the FAQ."

Hello Gentle men , I still cant find the link to the CD .iso; Where is it guys?? make sure you give the exact link this time, i was just bouncing on the internet frustated found nothing but some USB drivers.

Thanks
    KM

jlv

Thumbs down

Originally posted by kareem

Hello Gentle men , I still cant find the link to the CD .iso; Where is it guys?? make sure you give the exact link this time

In the i500 FAQ, search for the words download the ISO image here . That last word, here , happens to be an exact link to the page with the ISO image. On that page, you will need to look for the link called Install CD image (download).

As it says in the FAQ, you will need to register at the Samsung Developer Site to be able to download the ISO image.

The wonderful world of wireless! naturalsister's Avatar
    TahKuct instruction to leave off the .msi worked like a charm for me today.

Thanks a million. Recent XP crash, so I needed to get my data backed up again.

This is the best place on the web.

later - naturalsister
    Bye, bye Centro - Pre next!

Were you able to download a working version of the Samsung i500 Palm Desktop? The link took me to a site with an older version of the Palm OS, and I'm not sure this is the best idea. I signed up at the Samsung developer site and coud not find the files mentioned.

I know this is a repeat, but searching and the FAQ does not really make this very simple.

BTW, it is ridiculous that we paid up to $600 for this phone and there isn't an easy download link for the files to make it work on either the Sprint or the Palm sites. Set aside text messenging, speaker phones, blue tooth, etc, how about making it easy for us to get the freaking basic OS Software?

Sorry for the rant, but this is basic stuff.

Greg

Well, the problem is that Samsung's developer site has changed. It is different than it was when I got my iso in February. The link used in these forums once took you straight to the i500 iso download, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. The only downloads I find now are for the USB driver and for the Palm OS. Sorry, guys... I don't know how you can get the iso now. I know that some people on these forums have offered to host it on their own servers. You might try to find those posts and contact those specific posters.

Thanks, wa. If it weren't for this site and folks like you, most of us would be totally lost on this stuff. You certainly don't get any help from the Sprint CSRs. (In their defense, they have lots of phones to support, and if the manufacturer isn't going to the trouble, why should they?)

I sent email to one of the kind contributors to the original thread, so hopefully he has not been inundated with requests and can help me out.

Cheers,

Greg

jlv
    Originally posted by greg099
    I know this is a repeat, but searching and the FAQ does not really make this very simple.
    Perhaps the FAQ could be made clearer. Perhaps we could change it from this:
    I Lost My CD! Where Can I Find The Latest i500 Drivers And The Latest Version Of Palm Desktop?
    This *may* fix intermittent hotsync problems...
    <a href="Use the faq">drivers linky</a>

you can also download the ISO image <a href="Use the faq">here</a> of the install CD from the Samsung developer site. You will need to register first. The ISO image is 64MB.

You can download the latest version of Palm Desktop(4.1.4) <a href="Use the faq">here</a>
    to something like this:

I Lost My CD! Where Can I Find The Latest i500 Drivers And The Latest Version Of Palm Desktop?
    This *may* fix intermittent hotsync problems...
    <a href="Use the faq"><blink>THIS IS THE DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE i500 DRIVERS</blink></a>

you can also download the ISO image <a href="Use the faq"><blink>THIS IS THE DOWNLOAD LINK THAT GOES TO THE SAMSUNG'S i500 DEVELOPER PAGE. BUT MAKE SURE YOU REGISTER AND LOGIN OR ELSE YOU WON'T SEE THE DOWNLOAD LINKS</blink></a> of the install CD from the Samsung developer site. You will need to register first. The ISO image is 64MB.

You can download the latest version of Palm Desktop(4.1.4) <a href="Use the faq"><blink>THIS IS THE DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE LATEST VERSION OF PALM DESKTOP</blink></a>

I don't know how you can get the iso now.
    I do. You follow the link in the FAQ that goes to the Samsung Developer Page. It's still there. Here is a picture of this mythical Samsung Developer Page:

Sorry for the rant, but this is basic stuff.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help! Lost my Install/HotSync disk!-i500.png  

Okay, a few things...

First of all, I'm familiar with the Samsung developers site and have used that link several times in the past few months. I used the link yesterday in troubleshooting greg099's problem and it took me to a different page. Believe it or not, but it is what it is.

Second, the link is now taking me to the old familiar page with the iso download. Not sure why it wasn't doing it yesterday, but it is now. That direct link is this: http://developer.samsungwireless.com...px?id=SPH-i500

Third, jlv--you've been a big help to me over the past few months and I know you're passionate about people reading the FAQs. You should be. A lot of repeat questions can be avoided there. But it was obvious that the people in this thread had tried the FAQ and there was a problem. I've used the developer link several times and even I had a problem with it. I think this particular rant was out of line. Again, I enjoy your posts and you've taught me a lot about the i500, but that post showed the kind of attitude that turns me off forums all over the net. This is one of the best communities I've seen and I'd hate for a newbie to get the wrong idea about the attitudes found here. Just my two cents.

Again, for those paying attention, the ISO URL is this:http://developer.samsungwireless.com...px?id=SPH-i500

If that link gets screwed up by the forum's hyperlinking, try this one: http://tinyurl.com/4f6xp
    Good luck...
    Last edited by waharris007; 05-18-2005 at 06:41 AM.

jlv
    I suppose I went a little overboard...

But the link you give *IS* in the FAQ. I have no idea why you couldn't get there , but I took that screen image yesterday. It's likely Samsung could have had a problem or have been changing something on their end.

Is the entry in the FAQ not clear enough? Mostly certainly could be. That gets fixed by people contributing an updated version. If you are helped by the FAQ, but had to puzzle through the answer first, then you should send in an update, to make it better for the next person who comes along. Write the update and PM it to 'i330'.

Someone ranting to us that "this is basic stuff" about our lack of help, but they paid $600 for a phone, but couldn't bother to keep the install CD... and when we point them to the Palm Desktop download, they tell us they're "not sure it's a good idea". It just gets to you after a while.
    Last edited by jlv; 05-18-2005 at 07:58 AM.

I don't know what was up with the link either. I was shocked that it took me to a different page with only the USB driver and a Palm OS link. It made me go back and make sure I had a couple of backup copies of the iso on my computer.

Again, I appreciate your posts and I'm sure I'll learn a lot more from you in the future.

Need Help! Need ORIGINAL i500 SW CD

Hi All,

I was hoping some nice soul on this forum could help me out.

I need the original SW CD for the SPH-i500. Here's why, I work for a small company which reimburses us for our old phone when we purchase a new one. The only catch is that I need all the original materials, without exception. I have verything but the SW CD.

I have called all of the local Sprint stores, Samsung USA and Sprint Customer Service. No luck.

If someone here has upgraded from their i500 to another phone and could part with their CD, I'd be willing to work something out.

Please send me a PM.

Thanks All.
    SN

Need CD

Hi,

Send me a note with your e-mail address to *ark_*cintyre@yahoo.co* and replace the * with m (keep the bots from spaming me) and I will reply with insturctions to download the info from my FTP site.

Mark

Re: Need CD

Originally posted by mark_mcintyre
    Hi,

Send me a note with your e-mail address to *ark_*cintyre@yahoo.co* and replace the * with m (keep the bots from spaming me) and I will reply with insturctions to download the info from my FTP site.

Mark
    reread his post, i dont think thats what he needs...
    My Palm phone evolution:
    i330>i500>i550>755p>Centro.

staze,

check your PM - I have an original CD if you're still looking.

Installation CD for Samsung SPH i-500

Currently have a new i500. Was purchased through a thrid party distributor. It did not come with any of the software for the Palm Desk top, Hot Sync, Chapura. Can anyone help me with getting a copy of the installation cd? PLEASE!!!!!!!

Umm... This whole thread tells you exactly how to get what you need. Specifically, check my post 8 messages up from this one.

Hey - HELP!

I've been through this whole spill before (note my previous posts).

I just can't seem to get it to work this time.

Anybody wish to sell me an ORIGINAL CD? email me please.

natural@sister.com

later - naturalsister

Please, somebody?

later - naturalsister

Burn Cd from Files on FTP

Hi,

The quickest way is to burn a CD from the files on my FTP site. Have you tried this? I sent you an email with instruction for logging into the FTP site.

Mark
    Mark