Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    The wonderful world of wireless! naturalsister's Avatar
    Thanks Mark,

I'll let you inow how it turned out!

later - naturalsister
    Bye, bye Centro - Pre next!

Converged
    Samsung Developer site seems broken

I get what appears to be a database error. Anyone seen this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help! Lost my Install/HotSync disk!-samsungdev.jpg  

NeeD i500 INSTALLATION SOFTWARE DISK! PLEASE HELP!

ive tryed searching, and ive found links and such to the downloading of this software, but none of them worked.

I need the full INSTALLATION CD for the SPH i500!!

I cant get my computer to hotsync or install the new web browser and other needed apps without this installed, so please as soon as possible get me this information

Thank You

Administrator
    if all you need is the hotsync software just go to the palm site and get it there for free...

Downloaded, but phone won't hotsync

I've been up and down the i500 listserv. I downloaded usb drivers and palm414 from this posting:

after surfing google for 30 min looking for the software and driver downloads i found them. Here are the links i used:
    http://www.samsungtelecom.com/driver...l=sph-i500.zip
    palmone.r3h.net/downloads.palmone.com/PalmDesktopWin414EN.zip

(1) The Palm Desktop seems to be correctly installed - shows USB hotsync options and so on. (2) The phone itself seems to be correctly installed in its cradle and Windows Devices. (3) But when I push the hotsync button on the cradle, the computer is silent.

BTW, my i500 worked fine on this computer for a year. Cradle, cable, etc all OK. The PC crashed and WinXP reinstalled itself and the i500 is the only thing I can't get up and running again. I've tried different combinations of installing, uninstalling, rebooting. Can anyone offer any advice ? I would be so appreciative.

(I saw the posting about the CD iso image but Samsung hasn't let me register. I click ok to register and it just times out with a screen error. The thread suggests I'm not the first.)

Like others have reported, the Developer website at Samsung no longer works, so the link in the FAQ is of no use anymore. You cannot download the .ISO image anymore.

With that being said, are there any kind souls out there that can email me an ISO image of the original software CD? I have a gmail account with tons of space so I can receive it via email.

My wife intalled the software on her computer at a previous job and left the CD behind when she moved to a new office. Now the phone is mine and I want to use it with my home PC but the CD is long gone.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Cmon...it's only a little 64MB file. Somebody has got to show another i500 user some love!

Scooby

Links I got from a tech off sprint today

These links got my i500 synched up and updated my browser to Nweb

I had to register to get the download link... FYI when I recieved my email the clickable link was incomplete and to copy and paste the entire link which ended with my email address

http://web.palm.com/support/blazer/sprint.html

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...414_legal.html

Hello All:

I am going to give this a try to help everyone out there that needs the I500 files. I have posted all the files from the CD to my ftp site and will leave them there unless I find a problem with people accessing them.
    go to:
    ftp.marketingtech.com
    do not use www or anything else in front of the ftp
    when asked for a login name use:
    ftp39729101-10
    when asked for a password use:
    i500cdfiles
    Mark

The wonderful world of wireless! naturalsister's Avatar
    Thanks again Mark. You saved my life back in late 2005 with the FTP site. You are one cool cat.

later - naturalsister
    Bye, bye Centro - Pre next!

I500 CD files - CHANGE!

Due to a website change I have had to change the FTP location. Here are the correct instructions:
    go to:
    ftp.marketingtech.com
    u39729101-10
    i500cdfiles
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_mcintyre
    Hello All:

I am going to give this a try to help everyone out there that needs the I500 files. I have posted all the files from the CD to my ftp site and will leave them there unless I find a problem with people accessing them.
    go to:
    ftp.marketingtech.com
    ftp39729101-10
    i500cdfiles
    Mark

Thanks Mark and all others!
    I'm a newbie to this forum and hope I am not posting improperly...

I just had to express my thanks and appreciation for providing the contents of the original data CD for the I500. I had purchased a phone off ebay and was disappointed to find the CD missing. Like others, I spent several hours on the web and with Sprint CSRs trying to find this info. I'm sure I would have spent many more hours had you not provided it here.

Again, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
    Beth

i500cd files...

thanx for CD files... I'm selling my i500, and have been going nuts trying to find an original CD. (i got my i500 through locline and never got a cd). You've been a big help,

Gréagoir

Quote Originally Posted by mark_mcintyre
    Due to a website change I have had to change the FTP location. Here are the correct instructions:
    go to:
    ftp.marketingtech.com
    u39729101-10
    i500cdfiles

Thanks Mark! This is the second time I had to download it and I am so appreciative that it was still there for us. Someone needs to sticky thise thread.