+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Unhappy Help! Lost my Install/HotSync disk!

How can I replace? (doesn't seem to be anything on the Sprint or Samsung sites)

Can I just download software from somewhere?

Go to the following address and download it for free.

[URL=http://download.com.com/3000-2363-2578034.html]

Hi,

If the suggestion above doesn't work, send me a blank writable CD, and a postage paid mailer with your address on it and I will make you a copy of the original CD that came with the I500 and mail it back to you.

Jim T

You'll also need the i500 USB driver from Samsung. You can get it here:

http://www.samsungtelecom.com/driver..._dqa133456.htm

thanks to all for advice - it worked and I've sync'd to Palm Desktop. Now what I need to do (and neglected to mention) is synch to MS-Outlook.

I'm pretty sure the Sprint install CD came with Chapura loaded, since I've used that on my home PC, but I've got no Outlook conduit at work. Any idea where I can get a conduit program (and avoid the $40 price tag on the Chapura site!) -?

TIA
    Marty

download the original install CD

You can download an .iso copy of the original install CD from developer.samsungwireless.com. Just click on the Product Specifications link for your phone and you should see the link. You'll have to register to download it, but no big deal.

Thanksq

Thanks those links helped me a great deal today...

Hello All:

Bounced around most of the day lookig for this info as Palm no longer refers to the i500 and Samsung on the main page refers to palm and sprint refrs to nothing.....

Anyway got my CD image from the link above. Thanks,

Mark
    Mark

iso to cd ?

Hi,

I normally am the one that people ask these types of questions of but I have never had the reason to convert an iso file to a cd. How do you do that? Thanks,
    Donald

I use Roxio Easy CD Creator (came will my computer). There is an option to "Record CD from CD image." Worked like a charm!
    Nicky

i500 install

I also lost my install disk for my Samsung i500 and searched and searched and could not find any sort of install disk on the developers site nor did I find this .iso file.

I found the USB driver but could not find the Chapara part and would rather just be able to download the entire intstall disk to do it right...

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

i500 ISO Disk Image

Hi,

E-mail me your e-mail address and I will reply with my ftp site that will have disk image iso file. Send your e-mail address to mark_mcintyre @ yaho .com Delete the spaces and add the o (trying to defeat the bots scanning for e-mail addresses).

Mark
    Mark

Right so the ISO I got from someone (don't remember who it was) is corrupt, the CD never came with the ERP i500 and so now I'm in a bit of a bind. Does anyone have a stable copy of the original install CD that they'd be willing to post on an an FTP server or something so I could download?

Thanks,
    Nuncio
    -Nuncio

jlv
    You can get the ISO of the install CD direct from Samsung. I added the link to it in the FAQ.

jlv--

I can't thank you enough for your links. I just got a used i500 (that hasn't even come in the mail yet) that I bought without the install CD. I've really been sweatin' piecing all the applications (especially chapura) without the original disc. I just downloaded the iso and the updates you linked in the FAQs, so now I"m ready for my phone to arrive. Seriously, THANK YOU!!!!

First post. I'll definitely be back, though.

jlv
    You're welcome!

Question Problem Finding Palm Desktop 4.x for I500

Greetings,

I found an earlier post with link to Palm Desktop 3.0. I was wondering if and where to find Desktop version 4.x for the I500. I have surfed through the Samsungtelecom site,
    Samsungtelecom site
    On this page they have a link to the desktop software:
    "Below is the Samsung SPH-i500 USB driver installation program. Please read and accept the License Agreement to download and install. If you also require the Palm Desktop 4.1 ® install program, you may acquire it here:"
    Palm Desktop

This link leads to a page where you select the device, but they only offer PDAs and TREOs for selection; no I500 offered.

Anyone have a link to the correct desktop software, or know which device to select on this page?

Thanks in advance.

R/Tim

jlv
    Use the FAQ.

HELP! I downloaded and burned the iso to CD. When the install program begins, it almost immediately gives this error: "File J:\install\Samsung SPH-i500 USB Driver and Tools.msi not found." Then, it kicks me back to the install menu screen. Has this happened to anyone else? Is the iso bad? Any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated!

BTW: I do have the most recent drivers downloaded separately, but I need to install from this CD because I need Pocket Mirror. Thanks!

UPDATE: Okay, here's what happened. For some reason, when I burned the iso in Nero, it shortened some file names. Therefore, the installer could not find a couple of critical files. If you have this problem, too, here's what I did:

1. Burn the iso to CD. Then, copy all the files from the CD onto a folder on your computer.

2. Open the "install" folder. If you have a file named "SAMSUN~C", rename it to "Samsung SPH-i500 USB Driver and Tools.msi".

3. If there is a file named "ISSCRI~A", rename it to "ISScript8.msi".

4. Start the install program.

5. It will not install the palm desktop because that file name changed, too. So, when the installation tanks, open the Software\PALMDE~2 folder, double click the exe, and install the palm destop manually.

6. THEN, re-start the original CD install, this time unchecking the "Palm desktop" when it asks you what you want to modify. Pocket mirror should then install successfully.

You may not need all this, but I did. Good luck!