+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    I use Scott's text messenger for my coworkers as their numbers are in the history side. Plus their one of the few people I know on sprint. Next time I get a message from the one with the Treo 600 I'll let you know what comes up. I think I got her name last time. Didn't save it.
    Save at least 15% on ProClip Products. PM me for info how to order. My website is down now that I dumped comcast for verizon.

Scott--

If I put a random number as the call back it does show up using textmessenger

Scott sorry about the delay. I had pretty much the same experience. I put in a random number for a callback. The random number showed up on my phone. The sad thing was that after I sent and clicked OK, I got a Fatal Reset screen without even getting a Reset button to push, so I had to paperclip my way out it (where would tech be without the paperclip). Ahhh good times. Just never say anything is OK apparently.

But still no other numbers are showing up. So whats the prognosis? Is it Sprint, is it Colonel Mustard in the Pantry with the Candlestick? And is your buddy capable of getting this thing fixed?
    Cheers
    ps tried your app again, second time no crash.. go figure.... thanks again for any light/solution

FWIW, the problem is NOT on the i500 if my textmessenger app let's you receive the phone numbers. Here's why I was so interested-- when Sprint moved to their new SMS system, my textmessenger was sending sms out that had no callback numbers showing. Not having a spec from Sprint, I looked into it, "corrected" a small protocol change, and started to get messages. Since most all providers go through a common gateway, likely they are experiencing the same problem I was. I'll let my from at Sprint PCS know the exact error, and where in the code to look-- hopefully it will help them sort this out. Given that, when calling Sprint DO NOT mention that this is a problem on your i500 (which is not an SMS compatible phone according to them) -- instead tell them it happens for you AND all of your friends (wife, whoever) with many different makes of phones. Not until there is a certain threshold of problems reported will Sprint dedicate resources to it.

-Scott
    i500 Headquarters (http://i500.nopdesign.com)
    i330 Headquarters (http://i330.nopdesign.com)

Thanks Scott! Do we know for a fact though that other phones on the Sprint network are not receiving the call back info? Or are they but its a particular bit of code that is causing the i500 signal to barf?? I'd love to send some Verizon texts to a bunch of Sprint phones and see what happens...sadly I don't know anyone else on Sprint but me....I will call and nag, but it seems your ninja coder on the inside probably has more chance of effecting change, than us as we try to storm from the outside....
    Well thank God its Friday tomorrow.
    Peace

Not a bad idea. My wife has a non-palm sprint pcs phone. But I only have a my textmessenger to send from... which works dandy. I'll see what I can find.

-Scott
    i500 Headquarters (http://i500.nopdesign.com)
    i330 Headquarters (http://i330.nopdesign.com)

Scott: when a Sanyo 8100 on the Sprint network sends me a txt message, I do not get the sender number; likewise a message sent to my phone from an e-mail system. In both cases I used to get the sender info; the only thing that changed is the Sprint system. (BTW I do get sender info from other palm phones, and the 8100 get my sender info.)
    That'sssssssss all folks!

Scott--Here is probably a stupid question. Why is is that when someone sends me a "page" after getting my voice mail the system is able to ID the number and send it within the page (as long as it isn't a blocked number) but SMS can't do the same?

jlv
    How are you sending messages from the Sanyo 8100?

As a "short mail" text message---selecting "short mail" from the menue connects to the SPCS system, then selecting a name to send to (which again connects to the SPCS system), then composing a message, then sending. That proceedure used to show up with the sender's number on my i500, but not since about Jan. 20.

The same is true if an e-mail is sent to xxx-xxx-xxxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com. It used to show sends e-mail address is the "From:" line. It does show the sender's email address w/i the message itself, but that does not allow a quick Reply using i500sms, as it used to.

HELP!!!
    Last edited by blazorboy; 04-02-2004 at 11:59 AM.

When my friends whom use Verizon text me I get "unknown" as a call back number... before Sprint's "update" I would get their number....

- J

Do you have access to another type of Sprint phone that your Verizon friends could text to? I am trying to find if this is a system wide issue or not. Either way its unacceptable, but the broader the issue the better chance we have of pushing for a fix....
    Power to the People!

Ziipppp, when I txt message to a Sprint 8100 from my i500 they get the caller number; it is a phone type specific issue, but related to the system. (Note I do NOT get caller ID from the 8100.)

i have the same problem it says from and callback unknown. i talked to a supervisor at sprint today and he was aware of problem but said it was resolved and they hadnt recieved anymore calls regarding the issue but obviously its not fixed but he said he would contact me as soon as he found out anything. so ill let everybody know if he resolves the issue

scm6079 - your program doesnt fix from and callback numbers on incoming text messages??

Originally posted by dunnies
    scm6079 - your program doesnt fix from and callback numbers on incoming text messages??
    Not on incoming messages no-- on outgoing messages. But writing it gave me a better perspective on the whole sprint process, and some problems they have that can be fixed if the right person knows they exist and what they are caused from.

-Scott

Scott, it seems to be the facts that sender ID was going through up until the change by Sprint in its system and even now sender ID comes tjhrough from some phone (palm phones) ought to be useful information.

Thanks for all your good work!

BB

ive never had a problem with outgoing messages. i wasnt aware that was a problem. at this time i was wondering if anyone was getting incoming sender id on there i500 and if so what exactly dif you have to do. sprint's cs still hasnt emailed me back.

Personally I don't think there's any communication within Sprint. Everybody who calls gets to seem a different answer, and they all seem to come right out of the CS agent's ass.
    Save at least 15% on ProClip Products. PM me for info how to order. My website is down now that I dumped comcast for verizon.

Originally posted by crogs571
    Personally I don't think there's any communication within Sprint. Everybody who calls gets to seem a different answer, and they all seem to come right out of the CS agent's ass.

Sounds about right. Everytime I talk with a real tech, they seem to have never heard about the issues from sprint's 'corporate side'. But that's not so different from most really really big companies. There are not too many developers working on these parts at sprint, and TONS of support people in front of them.

_Scott

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast