+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    jlv
    My local Sprint store says they don't have a cable for upgrading the I500 - and they don't know how to order one.

Is it the standard I500 USB cable? I have one, and would bring it in if it worked!

I talked to my local tech about the upgrade. He's got the firmware coming, but he asked me to bring in my own cable. I should be able to upgrade by the end of the week.

P.S. He said that when he looked up the firmware upgrade, it said to absolutely not load wk19.
    Nicky

Originally posted by booklaw
    Thanks. I might try the Herald Square Store after the Republican National Convention leaves town. It's at Madison Square Garden, ie 34th and 7th-8th, and that entire part of town is crazed right now.
    i have bad news for you, i just spoke with a friend who went to that store more recently than me,(i was last there in june) and he said they got rid of the express dhrp there
    My Palm phone evolution:
    i330>i500>i550>755p>Centro.

Happily Converged
    Maybe I'll just bring my MacMedia cable into the Lexington
    Ave. store.

It's worth a shot.

When new firmware installed - do all applications (and voicedial) stay on the device? - or do they have to be reloaded?
    stevedrummer
    "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    - Herm Albright

When they put the new firmware on, you will lose everything. Just like a hard reset.

Make sure you device is synced on your PC. You will have to re-record your voicedials.

Fully Converged
    Just called my local store in NC and they have the cable and said that they would attempt to upgrade to XG23.

Any recommendations out there for backing up, besides the obvious hotsync before I "throw" my phone into the lions den this evening...
    msccjohnson

Fully Converged
    Hey Mogulman, how about the mic sensativity issue? any changes there?
    msccjohnson

XG23 is now old news... XG30 was just installed...

I saw a new Sprint store where I eat lunch at today so dropped the phone off to get it upgraded....

Their computer fried my phone they told me and gave me a new phone. They upgraded the software on it succssfully and it was XG30.

I did have to obviously sync it back up when I got back to the office. Not sure what happenned to you guys but my 4 numbers that it has on the default skin got replaced by the originals this time. Last time I hard booted it I had to add them by hand again. This time they came back fine. Also it synced with my Thinkpad on the first try using the USB cradle. Last time I had to use the I300 serial sync to get it to ever realize it was supposed to update the data both in the phone and anything I had added to the date calender on the desktop.

I'm too new to the phone to let anyone know much about the before and afters but if you ask me something and tell me the way to check it I will be happy to do it...

Thanks... Gary

Are you sure it was XG30. That is newer than XG23, maybe they found more bugs??

BB
    That'sssssssss all folks!

No offence intended, but there's no way that they released 2 firmware's in 2 days, sorry, i'll believe it when i see it...Guvner would you mind posting a pic of your ##run screen?
    My Palm phone evolution:
    i330>i500>i550>755p>Centro.

Looked where I used to have XG19...

And now it says WF30 or exactly this...

S/W Version:
    S:i500.11S:WF30

All under phone info. Sorry about the XG in front of the other post... I didn't notice they had changed the first two letters.

Gary

Here's a picture of the screen...

Minus my number and user name...

Gary

WF30 is the oldest firmware that was on the first phones.

WK19 came out and fixed mic issues and IR issues, but broke some data networking issues.

XG23 is the newest firmware. It fixes the data networking issues from WK19. They may be other bug fixes, but I am unaware of them.

Well that was a worthless trip to the Sprint store... And got lied to... Amazing...

I wonder what took them the extra half hour after they wrecked my first phone... He told me he had updated the phone to the latest software.

Thanks... Gary

Let's see how "new" your phone really is. Seend a pix of the rest of the info which gives mnf date and usage.

BB

Specifically what numbers are you looking for? I'm not that interested in providing every skew number on it... I'm not sure of the ramifications... Gary

Says it's Version 1.0 on one of the splash screens. 2002.

Life Time Life Data Reconditioned Status

forum knows more than the Sprint store

I just bought an sph-i500 (cracking the screen of your sph-i300 will do that to you and confidently asked the Sprint store (Van Ness in S.F.) to install the latest XG23 firmware.

Sales 1. "No, you download it from the Web"
    Sales 2. "Go to samsung.com and install it over your cable"

I call the tech out and show him this thread on my brand-spanking new phone. He goes in the back for several minutes and says Sprint hasn't got any new software for the sph-i500 but they've had version 23 for a long time and can install it for me "if I want" although he doesn't have much experience with this phone.

Hmmm.
    =S
    Clamshell w/ PalmOS + camera + MP3 + 4GB expansion card + GPS + Bluetooth + WiFi... build it already!