+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
    There is no doubt but that the new f/w increases the mic--you can use it as a quasi speaker phone on the desk in front of you.

I also think it may make Vision work somewhat faster, but I'm not sure about that.

BB
    That'sssssssss all folks!

Cool

Howdy New Yorkers! For users in the Houston area, I found a new Sprint store in Conroe ( I-45 @ 336) that updated the firmware in 10 min. while I waited!

Anybody found a location is S Fla that can do the update?

Still trying to find a location to upgrade around Chicago. (It's amazing how frequently the "phone store" doesn't or won't answer their phone!!) Assuming the person I spoke with at these stores actually had a clue (and that's a big assumption...), here's the rundown:
    LaGrange - no
    Wheaton - no
    Crestwood - no
    Lombard - no
    Paletine - no
    Plainfield - no
    Downers Grove - no
    Orland Park - no
    Elmwood Park - no
    Rolling Meadows - no
    Matteson - maybe - but tech wasn't in
    Cicero - maybe, but the tech hasn't been in when I've called
    Scottsdale (Chgo) - yes, but no cable...
    Lansing - yes, but their "update computer isn't working right."

Once I actually manage to find a location that can do it - and then does, I'll post again and let y'all know the details.

Still trying,
    webmom

Anybody have success with a store in Seattle?

Originally posted by blulite
    Anybody found a location is S Fla that can do the update?
    Just got mine done in Boynton Beach store off of Congress and Gateway.

They said they updated my prl as well.

So far so good.

Philadelphia Area?

Anyone have any luck in the Philadelphia area? The people that I talk to in the stores here don't seem to know what I'm talking about when I say firmware, and when I try to explain, they look on their computers and say, that there's "no software updates" for my phone. Sometimes I wonder if they think I'm trying to ask them to update the OS. One person very firmly told me that they can't update the software in reference to the OS. (I guess they've been asked that before?) I talked to some guy in the Abbington store, who told me to go to the store in Philadelphia on Adams and Roosevelt. I went there today, and the tech said that he 'reprogrammed' my phone to make the microphone pickup better, but I'm not sure it helped, and I still have the same firmware version. Is there, like some series of keys that I can press to get to the technician's menu on this phone?
    Last edited by FragileFragile; 09-11-2004 at 05:50 PM.

Originally posted by webmom
    Still trying to find a location to upgrade around Chicago. (It's amazing how frequently the "phone store" doesn't or won't answer their phone!!) Assuming the person I spoke with at these stores actually had a clue (and that's a big assumption...), here's the rundown:
    LaGrange - no
    Wheaton - no
    Crestwood - no
    Lombard - no
    Paletine - no
    Plainfield - no
    Downers Grove - no
    Orland Park - no
    Elmwood Park - no
    Rolling Meadows - no
    Matteson - maybe - but tech wasn't in
    Cicero - maybe, but the tech hasn't been in when I've called
    Scottsdale (Chgo) - yes, but no cable...
    Lansing - yes, but their "update computer isn't working right."

Once I actually manage to find a location that can do it - and then does, I'll post again and let y'all know the details.

Still trying,
    webmom
    tried Deerfield yet?
    I gave up on the free ipod. And where'd my smilies go?

th3_plague

There's another advantage to the upgrade--I can now use my I330 travel charger that wouldn't work with the I500 before the upgrade.
    Mick

If any of you are in the southern New Mexico/West Texas area, I can load XG23 for you. I loaded it into my phone on Friday and my callers have had a much easier time hearing me during calls.

Y'all can come to Boston and get done right downtown!

BB
    That'sssssssss all folks!

Cool

Got mine in Florence (Y'all) Ky. with out a problems. Works great ith Business Connect !!!

Re: Philadelphia Area?

The tech in the Wynnewood store is usually pretty knowledgable. She's actually one I can talk "shop" with so to speak. I haven't bothered to upgrade as of yet (mostly a time factor), but I'll pop over this week and see.

Originally posted by FragileFragile
    Anyone have any luck in the Philadelphia area?

Lightbulb Wynnewood

The tech in the Wynnewood store is usually pretty knowledgable. She's actually one I can talk "shop" with so to speak. I haven't bothered to upgrade as of yet (mostly a time factor), but I'll pop over this week and see.
    That would be great! Let me know....

Originally posted by th3_plague
    tried Deerfield yet?
    I tried Deerfield less than 2 weeks ago and they didn't have it. Actually, they said they had it but didn't have the cable to do the update. Neither did the store at Lincoln and Devon. At this store they told me they had the update, but their computers weren't working right so they couldn't do it. I still don't know of any Chicagoland stores that will actually do the update.

Before Hurricane Frances my reception was ok to good. After Frances it went from ok to worst. After the upgrade my reception went from worst to great. Might be because they updated my PRL (Don't Know).

Blazer seems to be twice as fast as before.

So far a Happy Camper!!

For anyone in the Northern Virginia area, the Reston store (per someone else's tip here) can and will perform the firmware update. Granted, I had to wait 1-1/2 hours (this was communicated to me before hand though), but hopefully this will resolve the annoying freeze-up problems.

The other 2 nearby Sprint stores told me this update was available for download from the Internet (ha).

FIRMWARE!!!????

Okay, so maybe not firmware, but Sprint Technicians lack of knowledge surrounding firmware...

I think I'm going to have to seriously injure some Sprint employees After dropping my phone off in Dallas, TX to the usual "of course we can do that" to picking it up 5 hours later to the tune of "we can't upgrade the OS here...you have to download that from Samsung"....to spending an hour on the phone with Sprint "Technical Services" only to have them tell me to "figure out how to do it and then bring the solution to the store or start calling all the Sprint stores in your area to see if they can upgrade the phone"....

Anyways, since I'm preachin to the choir, anyone in the Dallas area managed the upgrade?

Re: FIRMWARE!!!????

Originally posted by bryanj_us
    Okay, so maybe not firmware, but Sprint Technicians lack of knowledge surrounding firmware...

I think I'm going to have to seriously injure some Sprint employees After dropping my phone off in Dallas, TX to the usual "of course we can do that" to picking it up 5 hours later to the tune of "we can't upgrade the OS here...you have to download that from Samsung"....to spending an hour on the phone with Sprint "Technical Services" only to have them tell me to "figure out how to do it and then bring the solution to the store or start calling all the Sprint stores in your area to see if they can upgrade the phone"....

Anyways, since I'm preachin to the choir, anyone in the Dallas area managed the upgrade?
    The Addison store will/can do it in 15 minutes if it is not too crowded

Seattle and Bellevue, WA store updates:

Bellevue: told me it didn't exist and they don't "do that"

Seattle: said I could come dowwn and try it but they've been having issues with it. He said the tech was on a call today to figure out what's wrong so that looks promising.

D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast