+ Reply to Thread

Business Connect: Calendar sync question

I just signed up for and installed the business connect personal edition service. Everything seemed to go smoothly and I can use the palm app to view email, contacts and documents.

I am missing the tab for calendar in the pam app. I've read that this service sync's your calendar with outlook (through the bcpe service) and see the tab in the documentation - but it's not on my phone. I also don't see anyway to view calendar info through the bcpe website.

After all day with "tech support" who barely understood what bcpe was, I give up.

Does bcpe really include a calendar sync feature? If so - how do I set it up.

Thanks!

I recently updated the Palm client to version 6.3.1.506 (about four days ago). You can find this on the downloads page of Sprint Business Connection. This version added the tab for the calendar. It seems to work well.

I believe BCPE does not support calendar sync. You need to have BCEE. Please let me know otherwise.

I have version 6.3.1.506 Personal Edition. It does provide calendar sync.

Does that (calendar sync) only work if you have Exchange? I use IMAP4 to a Novell server.

more info...

I installed PCS business Connection for Palm v6.3.1.506, using it with POP3 (outlook client) and don't have the calendar icon (or sync).

Did you have to do anything special to enable calendar sync? I searched all the settings and couldn't see anything.

Thanks!

jlv
    The new BC user guide says:
    Note: The Calendar is available only for corporate mail accounts, not personal.
    So I assume that means it's only for Exchange servers.

You could just set up OTA hotsync and get your calendar updated that way.

Oregun - That is correct. You will only see the Calendar tab for Services where Calendar is supported which amounts to Domino and Exchange when using the configured Desktop Connector. I don't think there is an equivalent Calendar protocol for POP services is there? What email server are you using ala POP?

I configured my Desktop Connector to use Exchange. Even thou i just run it off my home pc, not a server. I have a DSL connection; keep my computer on and Outlook running in the background. This gives me access to my mail, files, & calendar.

Biz connect

How do you configure the outlook client to work without running Exchange? I couldn't make it work.

Ok, this is my setup:
    I am running Microsoft Outlook 2003 off my pc:
    In my Desktop client settings, Check off Enable mobile access to mail, calendar and contacts.
    Then select Microsoft exchange Server as my corporate messaging application.
    I set my windows domain to my home network.
    Put in my pop3 email user name & password

I have total access files, calendar and notified as soon as I receive email.

Cool it worked!! Thanks...I wish the calendar sync was two-way rather than just sync from the desktop!!

Seeing as I don't use Outlook for calendar (but Palm Desktop instead), I guess I don't get it. Is there any way to sync with Palm Desktop remotely?

Originally posted by davidra
    Seeing as I don't use Outlook for calendar (but Palm Desktop instead), I guess I don't get it. Is there any way to sync with Palm Desktop remotely?
    Yes. Search this forum and the I330 forum. There were threads about how to hotsync over the Sprint Vision network and it works.