+ Reply to Thread

Clearing info off my i500?

I am trying to get all of my info off of the i500. I took the battery out for several hours but it still shows my sprint number and email address. How do I get rid of this.

Thank you very much for any help on this.
    Mary

You can do a hard reset to get all the palm stuff off. For the phone settings, you have to go in and reset them manually..(roaming info, etc.).

For phone number and email.. I think you have to work with a Sprint rep and have them help you reset the info. That's what I did.

Administrator
    yes a hard reset wil only kill the information YOU put into it. your email and phone nu,ber is provisioned into the phone. if you had the MSL you could go in there and kill it yourself but its wise to just call sprint and have them unprovision it

What does the [ClearReset] Button do on the ##786 screen? Doesn't that clear all phone settings?
    Nationwide Free and Clear Plan, w/ 2 lines, unlimited LD, Unlimited PCS to PCS, unlimited nights and weekends, unlimited Vision, Equipment replacement on both lines, roadside assistance, and 2000 anytime minutes. About $98/month after discounts and taxes are included.

the clear reset will do what you want, but you need your msl for that.
    the only other way to clear off your info would be via option 29 in the test mode thread, see here
    for more info
    My Palm phone evolution:
    i330>i500>i550>755p>Centro.

Thanks everyone. I did call Sprint to get my info off of the phone and FINALLY after about 45 minutes, its off.

Mary

Administrator
    best way and the most secure way imo! that way, if something was not done properly you can blame them and not yourself!

Originally posted by Mary
    Thanks everyone. I did call Sprint to get my info off of the phone and FINALLY after about 45 minutes, its off.

thats also a clever way to get them to give you your msl, did you happen to save yours?
    My Palm phone evolution:
    i330>i500>i550>755p>Centro.