+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pin out of I500

i500 Pinout neede please

Anyone have or know where to download the pinout for the i5? I am thinking about making a cable from the i5 to a Radioshack mouse type GPS which uses a standard RJ45 cable. I've located 2 sources for the i5 connector but I don't knowwhere to find the i5 pinout.... any help?

Steve

I can trace the pinout when I recieve my serial cable from the west coast. I am doing the same thing as you. I want to have a cable that goes directly from the i500 to the RJ45 on the RS GPS unit (digitraveler). I also want another cable that goes RS GPS to standard 9 pin serial so I can use it with Microsoft Streets and Trips (on a laptop) which has GPS support.

Just received my cable but have not looked at pinout. The Radio Shack digitraveler pinout can be seen on these two sites:
    http://www.grundlgasse.at/thomas/digitraveler/
    http://home.teleport.com/~n3eg/rsgps.htm
    Will go from here.

What is the cost of the connector for the i500 as I could go that route and leave the current cable in tact.

I'm not sure the connector cost, I would need to order one or more, I think they are a wholesaler and may sell in bulk. I still need to call and find out though. I have thier info bookmarked in my work computer, I'll try and remember to forward the link to you.

Steve

The cables are $50 from Samsung. I bought a few on clearance at a local store here I'm selling for $25. I'm selling them on ebay here:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3082438051
    Click other auctions if that one is sold. Or private message me here. I have two more that I haven't listed yet I can sell you directly to avoid the ebay fees.

Pinout on i500? Rave?

Did a search and did not find a pinout of the i500. Anyone have a good schematic or the official pinout? I'm sure that you can cannibalize a sync cable and solder it into a bluetooth chip using the serial protocol.

Please post if you know.

Re: Pinout on i500? Rave?

Originally posted by SpineDoc
    Did a search and did not find a pinout of the i500. Anyone have a good schematic or the official pinout? I'm sure that you can cannibalize a sync cable and solder it into a bluetooth chip using the serial protocol.

Please post if you know.
    I thought you'd flown the i500 coop?

I am back, LOL, and in the middle of my own bluetooth mod. I think I can make it work, it's really quite easy. But I just need the pinout to match it up to a serial connection. For now I am ordering a serial cable and just opening it up to see where everything goes.

At the very least does anyone know how much power the i500 puts out via the 9 pin (RI) of a serial cable?

Typical serial -- low level, about 3vdc. Do NOT put a load on it, use an optical coupler chip-- or you'll blow the phone. As for the cable, use the i300 serial cable-- find them on ebay for next to nothing.

_Scott
    i500 Headquarters (http://i500.nopdesign.com)
    i330 Headquarters (http://i330.nopdesign.com)

Cheap serial cable!!! I was in Little Rock AR last week and needed connectivity (other than IR) for my I500. I went to CompUSA and they had three of the Samsung I300 serial cables marked $28.95. When I went through checkout it scanned for $4.95!!!. They may still have two on the shelf I don't know, I am not in Little Rock. Neither of the CompUSA stores in Kansas City has the cable. The cable works perfectly and has a side connector for the charger/PS although the charger is not necessary for the cable to work.

Got the pinout, its really quite basic. 15 pin with 2 pins on either side. Thanks for the help, umm...
    iPhone 3GS !!

Pin out of I500

Does anyone have the pin out for the connector at the bottom of the i500 where you plug in the charger or the sync cable?