+ Reply to Thread

Wierd fatal exception

I was talking on the phone and the fatal exception screen popped up on the screen. I was stationary and Vision was not connected and thus do not think that there is any signal quality fluctuation for the Avantgo problem. The phone session went on without disruption but neither the touch screen (hence the "reset" button that accomodate the fatal reception popup) nor any buttons worked. At the end of the phone conversation, I had to pull out the sylus and pin the phone for a soft reset.

Has anyone seen/had this problem? Or does anyone have any guess of why this may have happened?

Administrator
    it could have been anything honestly...

it could be a program that was trying to use the data connection or something just got hosed up... errors on these hybrid phones are inevitable... the best way to protect yourself is to backup backup backup... daily....

Fortunately, all the fatal exceptions I got only required a soft reset with no loss of data, unlike the FSOD on I330. I do, however, backup my phone as a precaution.

It just seems odd that I could continue with a phone conversation when practically all the remaining of the phone has crapped out.

Administrator
    well the pda part of the phone is totally seperate from the actual RF radio which is why you can, for example, look up a contact or wirte a note in the memo section while you are on the phone...

thats not unusual for the phone to show an error (which is something hosed up in the pda section) on screen and the call to continue fine...