+ Reply to Thread

FAQ(Sticky) is wrong! There is a Quick Way Of Toggling from Max Ringer to Vibrate

On the Sticky post, the I500 FAQ List. On section 1, the 5th question, it asks "Is There Any Quick Way Of Toggling Between Max Ringer And Vibrate Mode? ".... and the answer given is "No". Well, there is a quick way to do this other than going to menu-options-preference-sound-ect....

This is how you do it. you just used the volume button on the left side. You just keep lowering it until it goes to Vibrate, or Silent. When you want to swithc out of Vibrate/silent to ringer, you just do the opposite and press the volume button up until desired.

You're just telling us what we already know - when we mean a quick way to toggle, we mean one key press.

There is no quick way to toggle. You have to press the button once, wait for the bar to go down. Press it again. and again. and again. and again. Then hopefully if you didn't press it too many times, it will stop on vibrate; but most of the time it goes silent, so then you have to press the up button.

and on it goes.

Not trying to pick on you, but what we (collective we on the boards) are looking for in a quick toggle is a single key press.
    I gave up on the free ipod. And where'd my smilies go?

th3_plague

And wouldnt that be nice, I was just missing that feature from my old treo 300 today
    Terry

jlv
    Originally posted by th3_plague
    what we are looking for in a quick toggle is a single key press.
    Correct. It takes 8-9 seconds go to from max ringer to vibrate by holding down the key. That's not 'quick'!

i think I posted this once before on the boards but I can't find it now when I search, so here goes:
    I use easylaunch as a hackmaster extension. I can set
    "phone prefs" as a shortcut on one button.
    1. press that button
    2. press OK twice
    3. click on the screen on the vibrate checkbox

that's the fastest way I have found to set the phone to vibrate.

this looks cool. can you add instructions on how you set it up to work the ringer from off to full/vibrate?

thanks!

boyd
    Metal Sculptures by Boyd
    http://marccreates.com/

(And, to make things worse, the phone 'beeps' at each adjustment down. I'm always the guy folks stare at during a meeting when I realize my phone is on ring and I have to turn it down ... beep, beep, beep, beep, beep...)
    --
    My i500 InfoPage: http://os9al.com/i500/

Originally posted by allenhuffman
    (And, to make things worse, the phone 'beeps' at each adjustment down. I'm always the guy folks stare at during a meeting when I realize my phone is on ring and I have to turn it down ... beep, beep, beep, beep, beep...)
    just turn off your key tones and system sound to solve that...
    My Palm phone evolution:
    i330>i500>i550>755p>Centro.