+ Reply to Thread
    Diamonds on my neck.

Hard Reset Doesnt Erase All Data?

I just switched phones so I'll be getting rid of the i500 soon. I want to return the phone to factory settings and did a hard reset but things like old text messages, my Sprint username and phone number, and passwords are still saved. The text messages werent a problem as I just deleted them. But is there anyway to get rid of the username and number attached to the phone? Or is that something that will be overridden when the new owner activates it?

Administrator
    you clearly did not complete a hard reset. make sure you are doing it properly and it should tell you to "eraee all data"..

then make sure you do not restore or try to use hotsync for anythig...

now, your email and pcs username wont get out of there unless you call sprint and have them to remove your account info from the phone.

but user "i300" may be able to give youa hack that will clean this out also.. im sure he will chime in here soon...

Originally posted by Marctronixx
    you clearly did not complete a hard reset. make sure you are doing it properly and it should tell you to "eraee all data"..

then make sure you do not restore or try to use hotsync for anythig...

now, your email and pcs username wont get out of there unless you call sprint and have them to remove your account info from the phone.

but user "i300" may be able to give youa hack that will clean this out also.. im sure he will chime in here soon...
    i300 is on vacation, but i330 is here...
    ok, there are theoretically 2 ways of doing what you want to do.
    1. If you have your MSL code, just dial ##786, hit clear reset and then your msl. i think if you explain to sprint what you want the msl for they will give it to you, if they wont give it to you, just swap your line back onto the i500 for a day, and when its being programmed they will have to give you the msl(its the 6 digit number after hitting ## that they will tell you.)
    The more adventurous way would be to dial 6548#0*45680, and then 029, and say yes to whatever it asks you. (the 1st way is less risky imho)
    Good Luck!
    My Palm phone evolution:
    i330>i500>i550>755p>Centro.

Diamonds on my neck.
    beautiful! i just tried the 2nd way dialing those numbers and it worked. thanks!!

I just did the second method also. Just some more info for anyone doing it: The screen will say TEST PCS. That's when I put the 029 in. At one point it wanted me to enter an asterisk also. Then it says NV rebuild in progress. It does a reset and that's it. Phone number and username under "internet settings" are gone. Thanks i330 and PDAPhonehome.com.