+ Reply to Thread

sudden unsuccessful Vision provisioning

My Sprint sph-i500 phone (WK19, PRL 10029) beeped and displayed an alert I've never seen before:

Provisioning

Preparing Vision services.
    Please wait.
    Press [End] to cancel.

receiving
    [progress bar]

The progress bar advanced to the final bar before the end and stopped, no more progress for two hours. (That's the unwritten law of progress bars, they always stop on the final "Done" bar.)

If I tap [End] the alert says

IOTA Warning

Would you like to cancel now? If so, you cannot browse the web or run other data services. Your handheld computer will be reset.

What the heck is happening? I thought Sprint Vision doesn't work with this phone, just Web browsing. Is it something to do with the Nextel merge or a new version of Sprint Vision?

I cancelled, the phone restarted, and I can still browse the Web.
    =S
    Clamshell w/ PalmOS + camera + MP3 + 4GB expansion card + GPS + Bluetooth + WiFi... build it already!

I'm not sure what this is about, but my phone started doing this as well two days ago. Once a day, I get his message and it forces me to reboot the phone... I spoke to someone at Sprint, and apparently, my IP has been blocked (since the end of May) because I complained to them that I was being charged for incoming text messages that meant nothing to me. They re-enabled the IP, and today I got a new message saying that provisioning was successful, but it forced me to reboot the phone anyway.... Weird.

Same thing happened to me this AM when I turned on phone - what's up?
    stevedrummer
    "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    - Herm Albright

jlv
    Are you all in CA? I'm not seeing this here in MA.

At least two of us are in CA. I now have PSRL 10029 - didn't two weeks ago I thought. Related?
    stevedrummer
    "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    - Herm Albright

I am in Las Vegas... I guess that is close enough.

Me too. I'm in SF, CA and got the same message on start up today. Cancelled and web still working as usual.
    STILL trying to find a local to do a XG23 upgrade though...

Sprint store on Geary St. SF does the upgrade - at least did mine in July.
    Probably one on Van Ness also.
    Have to see which tech is on duty.
    stevedrummer
    - Herm Albright

Corporate Cog

Funny Text message

I'm not sure what this is about, but my phone started doing this as well two days ago. Once a day, I get his message and it forces me to reboot the phone... I spoke to someone at Sprint, and apparently, my IP has been blocked (since the end of May) because I complained to them that I was being charged for incoming text messages that meant nothing to me. They re-enabled the IP, and today I got a new message saying that provisioning was successful, but it forced me to reboot the phone anyway.... Weird.
    sideman7, did the text messages show up with a single rectangle: ""? I have gotten about 40 of these in the last 8-10 days, but of course I couldn't tell Sprint which number to block since I don't know who sent the message. Since I don't believe I have any enemies who would waste time or messages on sending malicious single characters, I'm thinking spage might be right that these are funny side effects of the merger. Is anyone else getting these annoying text messages?

Sup
    I'm in New York. My i500 phone provisioned automatically as well several days ago. Not sure if I was connected to the web though when it happened.

My friend in California also had his i500 provisioned (unsuccessfully) as well.

Quote Originally Posted by spage
    My Sprint sph-i500 phone (WK19, PRL 10029) beeped and displayed an alert I've never seen before:

Provisioning

Preparing Vision services.
    Please wait.
    Press [End] to cancel.

receiving
    [progress bar]

The progress bar advanced to the final bar before the end and stopped, no more progress for two hours. (That's the unwritten law of progress bars, they always stop on the final "Done" bar.)

If I tap [End] the alert says

IOTA Warning

Would you like to cancel now? If so, you cannot browse the web or run other data services. Your handheld computer will be reset.

What the heck is happening? I thought Sprint Vision doesn't work with this phone, just Web browsing. Is it something to do with the Nextel merge or a new version of Sprint Vision?

I cancelled, the phone restarted, and I can still browse the Web.
    This just happened to mine and my husband's I500s this morning. I browsed through a few old posts on provisioning, but neither of our phones "automatically re-provisioned." Should I be concerned about this?
    Nicky