+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    well breux...my thoughts:

Blackberry 7250: medium sized brick, but great text entry with the keyboard, has bluetooth, true pushmail. limited apps.

Samsung MM A800: not a pda phone. won't cut the mustard for you

Samsung SP i600: no real text input except for the #pad. won't be happy with it. smartphone os with limited apps compared to palm and win mob.

PPC 6700: big brick with win mob 05, nice keyboard and evdo

PPC 6601: big brick. go with 6700 if you're choosing between the two.

if you're stuck with sprint and going to switch, I'd go with the 6700 or blackberry though both are digital only.
    Save at least 15% on ProClip Products. PM me for info how to order. My website is down now that I dumped comcast for verizon.

Thanks for the feedback.

We are stuck with Sprint for now.

Anyone know of any new phones coming out in the next year or so that are comparable to the i500 AND on the Sprint network?
    Any not on the Sprint network?

I really like having Digital & Analog as most of my reps use it mostly as a phone and secondary use is to sync with PC & use as a modem with MacMedia cables.

Sorry for throwing that all out there. I know it's off topic.

Back on topic. I've installed the new browser and no FSODs yet. So far it's fine. I'll keep testing it and if I find anything I'll post.
    Really would like to find out if the browser is what's causing the FSOD or if it's in conjunction with another App that's causing it.
    :cheers: <i>dlebreux</i>

i'd think it's in conjunction with another app, but those with the problems need to tell what else they have on there.
    Save at least 15% on ProClip Products. PM me for info how to order. My website is down now that I dumped comcast for verizon.

Well, some good news. I recieved a nice credit on my sprint account earlier today. So I happily transferred on over to the telesales only to find they can't use the credit from your phone account to make new phone purchases. ARG. She recommends I go into a store and they can use it. Ummm wrong again, only a few select stores (usually large markets only) unfortunately the nearest market for me is 4 hours away (Atlanta).

Back to square one.

I started working the local angle and spoke with the local store manager, then the Sprint Business Rep and he referred me to the District Manager. He though is out of the office until tomorrow. Ah but the silver lining here is he is scheduled to be in the store I was working with in the a.m.. Maybe then we can get something acomplished.

Blazorboy> Thanks for the reference to Mr. Lauer; do you know anyone a little lower on the totem? As a low level executive myself I work with the CEO/COO of our company a fair amount and you pretty much can't get anything by the secretaries. They will just reroute the letter to a customer service manager I'm sure. But a mid level exec like a JR VP or a vp of marketing is more feasible. Less likely to have a secretary and for some reason marketing people LOVE mail. You could write darn near anything to the marketing director of my company and she'd happily read it and write you back no matter how off topic.

I will though send a copy to Mr. Lauer, overnight fedex to show the importance and ensure someone will get they hands on it; just as soon as this whole thing pans out. I'm gonna name names and give credit where it's due and take it where its due from...

TS

I've had several fatal exceptions and one FSOD. These are my apps: Dir Asst, HanDBase, Splash Photo, Word to Go, Adobe reader, Graffiti Anywhere, FileZ, KsDatebook, MakeSpot, Launcher X, Skin Select, PCS BC, and I kept Web Pro on with Nweb; could that make a difference? Those of you that have had FSOD's....did you keep Web Pro on with it?

I started using Nweb with webpro still on there and didn't have issues. Well it was only for a few hours, but I ran through a few sites without issue. I know Launchers have caused problems in the past in conjunction with some other software, but I haven't seen anything recently about that. The only ones I have on your list are Adobe, Skin Select and Splash, and I haven't had any resets since I downloaded Nweb.

And this is just another reason the ]mod should move this back. All the freakin' talk is about the i500.
    Last edited by crogs571; 09-21-2005 at 07:31 PM.

my post to the mod:
    can you move this thread back to the i500 forum where it belongs. this is not general pdaphone stuff and every person responding here is an i500 owner, many with problems relating to their i500. it is the only phone that is current that even involves this. Please think a little bit before you move threads as many people had to search around just to find this thread because they initially looked in the i500 forum first which is what they should've done.

the other issue here is everyone with a newer treo is going to panic and think this pertains to them. just another reason why it should've been left where it was started.
    Last edited by crogs571; 09-21-2005 at 07:34 PM.

I find, when using the Nweb browser, that many times the fatal resets are caused by the javescript bing enabled. I only enable javascript if necessary.

anyone have the lg email adr for marketing or what not? I just tried their marketing support response form and got "user unknown" in a returned mail.

Hey guys. This has been elevated to a very high level at Sprint. Will get back to you when (if) I learn anything.

BB
    That'sssssssss all folks!

Guys!
    Please stop the pm's!
    I have voiced my opinion on moving this back, but as im not the moderator in this forum i have no ability to bring it back!
    My Palm phone evolution:
    i330>i500>i550>755p>Centro.

Originally posted by crogs571
    my post to the mod:
    can you move this thread back to the i500 forum where it belongs. this is not general pdaphone stuff and every person responding here is an i500 owner, many with problems relating to their i500. it is the only phone that is current that even involves this. Please think a little bit before you move threads as many people had to search around just to find this thread because they initially looked in the i500 forum first which is what they should've done.

the other issue here is everyone with a newer treo is going to panic and think this pertains to them. just another reason why it should've been left where it was started.
    I think the reason it was moved to general pdaphone discussion is because the Kyocera 7135 is also affected. When you download the software, there is a brief list of phones that are affected by this unfortunate change, the sph i500 among a few others.

FSOD suck, and they really suck when i have something i need to do. It's not fun to have to hard reset my phone. ARGH.
    Hon hon~ J'utilise l'internet~

Originally posted by davidra
    I've had several fatal exceptions and one FSOD. These are my apps: Dir Asst, HanDBase, Splash Photo, Word to Go, Adobe reader, Graffiti Anywhere, FileZ, KsDatebook, MakeSpot, Launcher X, Skin Select, PCS BC, and I kept Web Pro on with Nweb; could that make a difference? Those of you that have had FSOD's....did you keep Web Pro on with it?
    I wish. I deleted webpro PRIOR to installing this browser, along with the cache files, hoping to prevent the nonsense taking place. With all of the FSOD, I've had to hard reset 5 times in the past day. It's rediculous. I want my money back. If it helps, I'm not using any hacks, or any special launchers. The phone is not being overclocked and again after several hard resets, i would hope the issue would be resolved. MEh. Can't win em all I guess. Now I just wonder what to do if she dies. My graffiti pad is already busted and I need to have it replaced, but I don't want a nasty i600.

/me cries himself to sleep. (on his keyboard, smashing letters into his stupid c++ coding assignment.)
    Hon hon~ J'utilise l'internet~

then it shoul be in the kyocera and the i500 forum, not here. there are too many phone specific issues to be sitting in this stupid general forum.

and i put my webpro cache back in after I realized I lost all my bookmarks and such. I haven't had any resets period. just fyi.

Originally posted by mpeters13
    I think the reason it was moved to general pdaphone discussion is because the Kyocera 7135 is also affected. When you download the software, there is a brief list of phones that are affected by this unfortunate change, the sph i500 among a few others.

FSOD suck, and they really suck when i have something i need to do. It's not fun to have to hard reset my phone. ARGH.

haha...sucks to have that mod sitting in your title. wish you were the mod here, because the one here sucks. and I mean that in the nicest way possible
    Originally posted by i330
    Guys!
    Please stop the pm's!
    I have voiced my opinion on moving this back, but as im not the moderator in this forum i have no ability to bring it back!

I tried the new browser, it seems clunky and slow. I don't browse much with the phone anyway. 90% of my browsing I did to check my mail via the Mail2web site. But I've since downloaded Eurdora and use that instead, easier and faster. Eudora also comes with a free browser which is much faster (although it seems to strip out graphics, which is fine with me, I'm mostly just looking for text/info on the phone).

Between avantgo, Vindigo and Eurdora, I have little reason to surf the web.

Fortunately, I haven't had to reset yet from the nWeb.

The web without graphics... Isn't that called a BOOK?

Post More things wrong with nWeb

So, after several hours on the phone with Sprint I got a very helpful level one tech to actually open up an i500 and prove what I was telling him:

The new browser (nWeb) does not work with a lot of sites. One really big one I cited is www.go2.com which is actually a partner with Sprint and Nextel. The new browser automagically kicks you over to the html version of the site which is useless on a pda.

They are actively looking into the go2.com issue, and have been quite good about calling me back with progress reports. We'll see how quickly that issue is resolved.

Also, as far as I can make out, this new browser does not support HDML either. So you can't access www.amazon.com/phone which is one of the best WAP sites in the world as far as I am concerned.

Does anyone have a URL for amazon that uses WML or something that this browser DOES support?

Toby.

My apps:

300 Bowl, 3D Hockey, Alchemy!, ATG20, Atomica, AUApp (?), Battleship, Bejeweled, Blazer, Calculator, CallLog, Clipper, Conveter, DA, Date Book, Date Wheel, Defender 2, Dial Release, DocsToGo, Expense, F1Sprint, GraffitiDemo, GTS Racing, HandZipperLite, HotSync, JpegWatchLite, LoanWizPro, Mail, Mapopolis, MegaBowling, MemoPad, Monopoly, Novarra, Novarra*, PhEngine, Phone, PicsToGo, Pinballz, powerOne, Preferences, PxBlackjack, SC-103PC, Security, SevenSeas!, SheetToGo, SlideshowToGo, SmartChart, SMSLibrary, SmsReleaseNoMO, SnapperLibExgAp..., SnapperMail, Software, SolFree, SpeedDial, Takephone, Tennis Addict, Tetris, TkPhOS5Hk, To Do List, vmemeo, VoiceDial, VoiceMail, Warfare Incorporated, WebProV, Welcome, WordView+, Yahdice, ZLauncher, ZLauncherManager
    Last edited by rcozzo; 09-21-2005 at 11:45 PM.

Originally posted by crogs571
    my post to the mod:

Don't you hate people that just can't admit they made a mistake?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast