+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    hmm its workign here in Alameda, California....about 20 mins from san Francisco.....im surfing moviephone.com with my i500........

what gives?
    Sprint PCS I500 > Treo 650 > German TyTn > 8525 > 8925....WHeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Yes! Working again in Hoboken, NJ...but for how long?

Mine did not work all afternoon, but does now. Maybe they realized they screwed up......

Blazer's still working for me too! But I rather like the novarra because of the
    java script. I can now access some sites that never worked for me before.

The miricale of reincarnation
    That'sssssssss all folks!

Originally posted by ChrisC
    Another vote for moving this back. Really now, it belongs in the i500 forum.
    No, it doesn't. My Treo 300 (running Palm OS 3.5.2H6.3) has the same issue.

-Dave

Working in SF - not all sites though.
    stevedrummer
    "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    - Herm Albright

you're very much in the minority and you should have your own thread in your own forum. This is still very phone specific and the i500 has it's own set of problems that are separate from the 300. You might as well say keep it here because it affects the 6035 too which doesn't even have a replacement browser yet.

And we all acknowledged the Treo 300 and Kyocera 6035, but when you can count all those users on one hand, it doesn't really justify keeping it in the general thread. Either way there are Palm OS forums that are not phone specific where this thread should've been moved if the op would've actually paid attention to the contents of the thread.

And i330 or convergent (whoever has i500 rights) should be allowed to move it back to the i500 thread. What mad has the power to move a thread from a particular forum anyway? The mod where the thread originated or the mod where it ended up?

And my blazer works again for some reason. Haven't really tried it extensively, but many pages seem to load where yesterday they didn't.

Originally posted by ncdave
    No, it doesn't. My Treo 300 (running Palm OS 3.5.2H6.3) has the same issue.

-Dave
    Save at least 15% on ProClip Products. PM me for info how to order. My website is down now that I dumped comcast for verizon.

Talking Blazer still works after 09/22/05

Folks,

Found a workaround for this poblem.

From the Palm Menu, select Icon Call Software

Click on this Icon and you get a Sprint/Handango Blazer page with all of your previous bookmarks.

Just change your Button Preferences to point to Software Icon and you are back in business.

I still think Nweb is better than Blazer but, that is my personal opinion.
    Thanks,

Raul Gonzalez
    http://ww.raulgonzalez.com

workaround for what problem? What Palm Menu? What are you exactly working around? Blazer doesn't work. People download Nweb. Blazer works again. Where's this problem you speak of?
    Save at least 15% on ProClip Products. PM me for info how to order. My website is down now that I dumped comcast for verizon.

I think he's talking about the "Software" app that you can access from the launcher (it's basically just a shortcut to Sprint's Handango software store.) I'm not sure how assigning that to your web hard button is a workaround for anything.

My Blazer is still working in West Palm Beach, Fl.

Question for those whos Blazer isn't working anymore.

Can you Still open Picture Mail?

Originally posted by ericp74
    Can you Still open Picture Mail?

Good question. I noted that possible problem to SPCS.

BB

It's been a few days since I posted and a lot has finally happened. I convinced the local assistant district manager to handle this problem (BTW about the rumors it was a hoax, I'll say no it's not mainly because I spoke with Vision managers on Monday who were well aware of the blazer license issue) Anyway the ADM here wanted me to wait until Monday before doing anything to see what happens. I stressed to him that we need to be 'proactive' not reactive about it and do our best to ensure service is not interupted. He finanally conceded that this is in fact the better approach and had me come in for a clean swap out (I500 to a new Treo 650) so I did it Thursday evening. While I'm back to carrying a brick around the Hi-res is nice again.

So the general consensus now is that Blazer continues to work for now? Maybe they are giving an extra few days of time for people to get a replacement browser? Maybe Sprint was inendated with tech calls on it, who knows. Well until the next palm clamshell comes out I'm stuck using the T650 (funny thing it has already reset like 3 times and got stuck in a reset loop once in 3 days...sigh just like old times).

For anyone interested I posted in the garage section I have a great condition SLIM BATTERY for sale or trade.

TS

working today in Duluth, MN. Time will tell.

In re you brick: ts TS.

BB

Still working in Columbus, OH. My guess is that someone in their legal department realized that they since they still have stores that are selling their stock of I500's that are left AND they consider it a Vision enabled phone, there could be liability from forcing folks to sign up for Vision to get the rebate on a phone that is no longer Vision enbabled (at least not out of the box without Blazer).

However, let's face it, long term if they did a lousy job supporting the phone when they were actively selling it, they will do everything they can not to support it now.

35 posts and he already knows i500 owners got and still get the shaft.

And fyi, for me anyway, sites that use javascript don't work for me in blazer now. I used to hop on to winecommune to work on bids, but it doesn't work anymore as do some other sites I tested.

Originally posted by crogs571

And i330 or convergent (whoever has i500 rights) should be allowed to move it back to the i500 thread. What mad has the power to move a thread from a particular forum anyway? The mod where the thread originated or the mod where it ended up?
    The ability to move a thread is based upon whether you're a mod where the thread currently is.
    as i am not a mod here i cant move it.
    I have already petitioned to have the thread returned, but it appears that either samsung or sprint has taken over this website, as i havent heard anything back...
    You are welcome to pm mikey, the owner of the site,(user id: convergent) for any further complaints...
    Last edited by i330; 09-26-2005 at 12:02 AM.
    My Palm phone evolution:
    i330>i500>i550>755p>Centro.

convergent written. so does that mean you're the one that moved it here?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast