After the brief outage on 9/22/05, Blazer resumed working on
    my Treo 300. It is still working today.

Yet http://web.palm.com/support/blazer/sprint.html still says,
    "As of September 22, 2005, you will no longer be able to access
    Internet sites using the Blazer 2 browser."

Go figgur...

-Dave

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Moved back to i500 forum. If anyone wants to discuss this regarding another device, you'll have to start a thread in the respective device forum... the i500 guys want to keep this specific to the i500.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Ok...I got the message saying that Blazer will no longer work starting 9/22/05. But...I called Lock-Line to get a replacement phone last Thurs (the graffiti are stopped working) and I just got it today....and low a behold, Blazer works just fine. The version it can with is:

version 2.1.4s2 Build 10

I wonder if this just affects older versions.

Thanks for moving the thread back. As best we can tell, Blazer is now working for everyone. We can only assume they got a lot of negative feedback and renewed the license. As long as there are enough of us left, we can let them know how we feel and it might make a difference (now watch, it'll be gone tomorrow).

do you bother to read through the thread or just the original post?

and thanks convergent. now we just need to teach people to read through the thread before posting

Originally posted by Funk1337
    Ok...I got the message saying that Blazer will no longer work starting 9/22/05. But...I called Lock-Line to get a replacement phone last Thurs (the graffiti are stopped working) and I just got it today....and low a behold, Blazer works just fine. The version it can with is:

version 2.1.4s2 Build 10

I wonder if this just affects older versions.
    Save at least 15% on ProClip Products. PM me for info how to order. My website is down now that I dumped comcast for verizon.

I'll wager that this wont be the last we've heard from this issue...
    My Palm phone evolution:
    i330>i500>i550>755p>Centro.

Right after i got the text message about having to download a new browser my i500SMS program quit working? Could it be related?

I get a message when i send a text message:

message failed, please reauthencicate using Enable SMS application?

I disabled the i500sms program then reset the phone and then enabled it and reset the phone and it still doesnt work?

Anyone else have this problem?

I think i just hot sync'd and installed the new browser but when i look at my phone menu "blazer" is still there?

Right after i got the text message about having to download a new browser my i500SMS program quit working? Could it be related?
    No, not related. Furthermore, receiving a textmsg doesn't involve I500SMS.

I get a message when i send a text message:

message failed, please reauthencicate using Enable SMS application?

I disabled the i500sms program then reset the phone and then enabled it and reset the phone and it still doesnt work?

But did you re-authenticate ?
    Click on Enable I500SMS, then No to not go to Messages app, then enter a new PDAApps Proxy password (make one up)...

I think i just hot sync'd and installed the new browser but when i look at my phone menu "blazer" is still there? Installing a new browser doesn't delete Blazer. The new browser is NWEB. You cannot delete Blazer.

Please move it back -- this is a Palm/Blazer problem, not specific to Samsung phone

The "Samsung SPH-i500" topic is the wrong place for discussion of a problem that affects other phones, too (like my Treo 300 and the Kyocera 6035).

Please move it back!

-Dave

Dave,

there are many problems that are unique to the i500 like software compatibility issues as well as firmware issues in such that are current. The i500 is the only current phone affected by this. If you are still have a 6035 active on Sprint, I just feel sorry for you. If you are still using your T300, that's all well and great, but I think you can count all the T300 users that are talking about this on your one hand. Actually I don't think I've seen more than one other T300 owner in this thread. This thread was started here by an i500 owner and is kept going by i500 owners. It wasn't even in the right place to begin with when it was moved as it's not a general pda phone issue.

You've got six posts, so you're a new user to begin with. How the hell are you brand spanking new with a T300?
    Save at least 15% on ProClip Products. PM me for info how to order. My website is down now that I dumped comcast for verizon.

I sure hope not. They never fully supported the i500 or it's users, and this just smacks us in the face.

I got my first fatal exception using nweb yesterday. In reality, I don't know why we would use nweb over webpro anyway if we are forced to use an add on browser.

Originally posted by i330
    I'll wager that this wont be the last we've heard from this issue...

Other than the fact that we're not supposed to have Webpro anyway....but Webpro never caused an FSOD.

the second part was my point.

Originally posted by davidra
    Thanks for moving the thread back. As best we can tell, Blazer is now working for everyone. We can only assume they got a lot of negative feedback and renewed the license. As long as there are enough of us left, we can let them know how we feel and it might make a difference (now watch, it'll be gone tomorrow).
    Many thanks, we are a rather closed society!

BB
    That'sssssssss all folks!

Originally posted by crogs571
    I got my first fatal exception using nweb yesterday. In reality, I don't know why we would use nweb over webpro anyway if we are forced to use an add on browser.
    The main reason to use nweb over webpro for me would be that webpro too readily forgets the last webpage/state that you were viewing. Something as simple as switching in and out of phone mode (or closing and re-opening your phone) causes webpro to jump back to the home page. Very annoying. But the fatal resets of nweb are annoying also. All of which may drive me to Xiino, if Blazer is truly defunct...

do you bother to read through the thread or just the original post?
    My sincerest apologies

All of which may drive me to Xiino, if Blazer is truly defunct...

FWIW, I've been using the Xiino (v3.4.1E) for about 6 weeks now, and it's been working pretty well (only 2 resets required!). The Javascript capability is real nice, and I decided to pay for it the day Blazer went dead. So I'll therefore take credit for Blazer coming back to life!
    "More things I don't need with money I don't have!"

Re: All of which may drive me to Xiino, if Blazer is truly defunct...

Originally posted by CoachSteve
    ...and I decided to pay for it the day Blazer went dead. So I'll therefore take credit for Blazer coming back to life!
    You da man!

Re: Re: All of which may drive me to Xiino, if Blazer is truly defunct...

Originally posted by reidme
    You da man!
    Yu rite bro, he da man!

But we could take up a collection for the man.

BB
    That'sssssssss all folks!

Thanks convergent for moving it back. ncdave, go start a thread in your phone's forum. See plenty of justifications above as to why.

Happily still using Blazer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast