+ Reply to Thread

Eudora Time Stamp

Just switched back to Eudora Mail from Versamail. All is working as expected (scroll bar still doesn't work, but at least the up/down does) except I can't figure out why when hotsyncing the timestamp is off by 4 hours. I've modified the Time Zone (EST -0500) in Options, General Mail Send/Check to no avail....and tried change to other time zones as well.

I'm syncing with Eudora 7.0 on my desktop, although this shouldn't matter.

Any thoughts?

Bump....anyone using Eudora Mail with a suggestion. I'm getting tired of duplicate messages on my i500. The desktop Eudora isn't syncing with the correct time (4 hours off), hence, duplicate EMails are created if I've already wirelessly received mail...which I do repeatedly throughout the day.

Oh, a wireless retrieve on my i500 DOES have the proper date/time stamp!

Sorry, I don't use Eudora in that way. All I do is use the i500/Eudora to grab some of the most recent emails off my POP server, with the "Leave on Server" option, so it is as if nothing has touched the emails on the server. I leave it to my desktop email client (which is actually Mozilla/Thunderbird using IMAP) to manage the mailbox. The i500 is merely for a snapshot/quick read/quick reply. It gets cleared regularly. The state of the i500 Eudora mailbox is never viewed as the true state of the real mailbox.

Please educate me as to why syncing via Eudora is important or desireable.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy
    Please educate me as to why syncing via Eudora is important or desireable.
    I typically pull my EMail from my POP server during the day so I have my EMail's while on the road. However, I like to sync with my Eudora desktop in the morning before leaving the house so I have ALL of my new EMail for reference. I can get quite a few at night and like to have the last 20-30 days of mail on my i500.

When the sync worked properly, Eudora Palm would not bring in those messages that had already been retrieved (wirelessly) or previously synced with the Eudora desktop. On the other hand, Versamail will continue to retrieve mail on the POP server, even if you've previously retrieved and then deleted from the i500...if it's out there, it'll keep retrieving...one of the reasons why I switched back to Eudora Palm.

There must be some users out there using Eudora Desktop and Eudora Palm

I do the same as MB - use i500 for quick looks - and leave on server - only suggestion is to leave on server before you travel and load to i500 those that you need for reference - a pain.
    It would be nice to sync - but don't want to load up the phone.
    stevedrummer
    "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    - Herm Albright