+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    To protect it from foreign devils, I use an old palm 515 to carry all my data when going abroad, for the phone would not work and why risk it. It is very easy to sync all your I500 data to any palm.

BB
    That'sssssssss all folks!

Quote Originally Posted by blazorboy
    To protect it from foreign devils, I use an old palm 515 to carry all my data when going abroad, for the phone would not work and why risk it.
    Moi, je fais le meme chose... avec un Palm V.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy
    Moi, je fais le meme chose... avec un Palm V.

No the good monkey is not one of those Foreign Devils, but rather in a monkey see, monkey does fashion, I think he is saying he does the same with a Palm V rather than a Palm 515. Plus ça change. Plus ne le même chose pas , or something like that!

Greeting from Tokyo.

BB

I'm still on i500, still wedded to clamshell and graffiti input and Palm PDA and Novii Remote. My screen is in great shape, but the handwriting area has developed two matte regions that make for horrible handwriting recognition.
    =S
    Clamshell w/ PalmOS + camera + MP3 + 4GB expansion card + GPS + Bluetooth + WiFi... build it already!

I'm still here too--I bought mine in September the year they came out and I still use it. It has never broken or had a serious problem of any kind he said, knocking on wood...

Lev
    Quote Originally Posted by JLondon
    A. Still using I500

...and waiting for a better clamshell Palm to be available!
    Same here
    Lev

It will come down to just you and me, sd.

BB

I'll outlast you all - I bought several backups from Sprint last year when they were blowing them out for just $300 each.

I had one of the original Treo 600 and the difference in quality between the i500 and the garbage Palm puts out (Treo 600/650/700p) is amazing. I wonder how anyone who owns a Treo manages to put up with what crappy PHONES Treos make. What's the point of having a smartPHONE if the voice quality is worse than the cheapest "free" phone you can get with the carriers?

I'm still here! Lovin' my I5, and dreading the day it takes a dive. My husband, his boss, my sister, and her husband all still use their I500's.
    Nicky

newbie here

and I love my i500 and have for 81 months or so. I cannot give it up and constantly worry about something happening to it. My neighbor jsut went with a Treo -- so I have extra batteries and charger...

Somehow when I signed up the "total replacement" did not go on my contract. Apparently now it is much too late -- so I tread extra carefully...

We know the I500 is great, but what can you tell us about Lisa?

BB

A. Still using I500.

Why aren't people coming up with a clamshell PalmOS PDA phone? I want a clamshell Treo. As for the key pads, they can do something like Blackberry, not completely QWERTY, but close (5 x 5 or 5 x 4, I think).

Hong.
    i have great faith in fools -- self confidence my friends call it. -- edgar allan poe

A. Still using.

I actually won a Treo 650P but haven't warmed up enough to the form factor to switch from my I500.

Quote Originally Posted by dmholmes
    A. Still using.

I actually won a Treo 650P but haven't warmed up enough to the form factor to switch from my I500.

And the SECOND prize is....TWO Treo 650s!

BB

Treo Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by dmholmes
    A. Still using.

I am a former I500 user who actually likes the treo 650. My wife has a 600, so the I500 is just laying around right now. Eventually I would like to get that to my daughter who is using an I330 right now, just have not gotten around to it.

The I500 was not a bad phone at all, I have just found things I can't get functionality with easily on it that are easy with the treos. The bigger form factor don't bother me, although I know it does some.

The moral of this is that I wish I had been lucky enough to win that 650. I could make my family an all Treo one!

I jumped ship as my 500 was dying a slow painful (painful for me) death.

the PPC-6700 has some wonderful features, but alas, it's just not the same. Reminds me more of my old i300. I have a fear of exposed keyboards.

Why oh why could we not get the i550 in the US?!??!?

Just Switched after a long happy relationship

Just Switched to 6700. Enjoying many new features, miss the keyboard.

Still hooked on the clamshell & form factor

Just started using the brand-new i500 I bought a year & a half ago, to keep on the shelf until I needed it. Old i500 just died (couldn't hear or speak on the phone, Palm stuff was occasionally buggy but basically still worked fine).

I still can't believe no one's come out with a similar size & shape device. The number of people who ask me about my phone while I'm using it is still huge, there's clearly a market out there. [Dang, where's capitalism when you need it?....]

I dunno, when this new i500 eventually dies, maybe I'll just give up & go off the grid altogether.

Loved my i500, and loved reading the posts these past years, but I have moved on to the treo 650. It took about a year and a half, but I finally pulled the trigger. Mainly I wanted a bluetooth GPS to work with my phone.

Fears:
    1. Too big, heavy
    2. Exposed screen

Result:
    1. Not as bad as I thought, but noticeable
    2. No problems yet, but I have to put it in my pocket correctly, with nothing else in there.

Things I miss (besides size, design):
    1. Graphiti pad. I like the keyboard on the treo, but would like the graphiti pad with standard controls.
    2. Voice Dial app. I actually like the memorization of my voice rather than universal voice recognition. The dedicated button is also missed.
    3. Big Clock. I doesn't work well on the treo
    4. Being able to hear from the earpiece. The i500 was loud if you wanted it to be.
    5. Flip open to see the time. The i500 is much easier as a watch.

Unexpected Treo Benefits:
    1. K maps. Google maps on your phone are just cool.
    2. The screen. It is so much brighter and with better resolution
    3. Streaming audio
    4. Having an SD slot. 16MB is not much for all your stuff
    5. Reception. Much better than the i500
    6. Keyboard is easier for many tasks

Seems like all these things save the keyboard and bigger screen could be put into a smaller phone (i550) and I will be on the lookout for one. For now I am having a lot of fun with my treo. My i500 will be bequeathed to my friend who does not yet know the benefits of converged devices.

Deus ex ma China

There may be hope for a flip:

XPRO P368 Smartphone on Sale in China
    Posted By: Ryan on Tuesday, October 04, 2005 11:58:19 AM
    A new Palm OS smartphone is now on sale in China. The XPRO P368 is a GSM clamshell smartphone that runs Palm OS Garnet.

The XPRO P368 is a rebranded version of the GSPDA Xplore M98 smartphone for the Chinese market. It runs Palm OS Garnet v5.4 and has a Tri band GSM (900/1800/1900) wireless radio. It is powered by a TI OMAP 168 Mhz processor and features 64MB of Flash memory and 32MB of SDRAM.

It has a 260k color 2" inch touchscreen 176x220 pixel internal display and a 96x96 pixel external screen. It also features a 1.3 megapixel digital camera, with digital zoom and movie support, and a TransFlash memory expansion slot underneath the battery.

The phone has dimensions of 95.5 x 46.8 x 25.5 mm, and weighs 109g. It is powered by a Li-Polymer 800mAh Battery.

It supports 40 Polyphonic and mp3 ringtones. It also allows you to record your own mp3 ringtones and also comes with an mp3 audio player.

The phone has two different graphical user interfaces – one that works much like a phone with simplified icons, and the other is the full PalmOS interface. The logic is that the regular phone interface is meant to keep things simple and allow you to quickly access phone functions without having to scroll through an intimidating number of icons. However, if you want to access the full PDA functions, all you have to do is press a button and the familiar PalmOS graphical user interface will appear.

BB

There may be hope for a flip:

XPRO P368 Smartphone on Sale in China
    Posted By: Ryan on Tuesday, October 04, 2005 11:58:19 AM
    A new Palm OS smartphone is now on sale in China. The XPRO P368 is a GSM clamshell smartphone that runs Palm OS Garnet.

The XPRO P368 is a rebranded version of the GSPDA Xplore M98 smartphone for the Chinese market. It runs Palm OS Garnet v5.4 and has a Tri band GSM (900/1800/1900) wireless radio. It is powered by a TI OMAP 168 Mhz processor and features 64MB of Flash memory and 32MB of SDRAM.

It has a 260k color 2" inch touchscreen 176x220 pixel internal display and a 96x96 pixel external screen. It also features a 1.3 megapixel digital camera, with digital zoom and movie support, and a TransFlash memory expansion slot underneath the battery.

The phone has dimensions of 95.5 x 46.8 x 25.5 mm, and weighs 109g. It is powered by a Li-Polymer 800mAh Battery.

It supports 40 Polyphonic and mp3 ringtones. It also allows you to record your own mp3 ringtones and also comes with an mp3 audio player.

The phone has two different graphical user interfaces – one that works much like a phone with simplified icons, and the other is the full PalmOS interface. The logic is that the regular phone interface is meant to keep things simple and allow you to quickly access phone functions without having to scroll through an intimidating number of icons. However, if you want to access the full PDA functions, all you have to do is press a button and the familiar PalmOS graphical user interface will appear.

BB
    See this article: http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=7760