+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

How Many I500 Users Are Left

I got the I500 soon after it was available. Still happy with it but would like to update when something better with a clamshell form factor becomes available. So I'm wondering how many I500 users are left that visit this forum?

A. Still using I500

B. Upgraded to a: (?)

C. Never had one; just visiting

Let's see a show of hands!

A. Still using I500

...and waiting for a better clamshell Palm to be available!

Happily Converged
    Same here.

upgraded to a ppc 6700....but i still own and love my i500.

Also waiting for a new clamshell PDA. I'm starting to lose patience. But I still have my I500.

Still here, still waiting for a new small palm phone, still enjoying and using the i500, despite its flaws.

Still with i500 had chance to upgrade - i500 broke (had sprint total replacement). Even the 700p did not appeal - not a clamshell. Got new i500 from Sprint 3 wks ago. It was the correct choice and I replaced an older phone with used i500 from ebay (same time).
    Dan E.

My wife now has my i500. Still works. I am using a 6700, which sucks. I hate WM5.

I'm still using my i500. Was hoping there would be a clamshell replacement, but I've given up and just ordered a Treo 700p from sprint retention (339 price with 2 yr extension). If someone comes up with a good, small, clamshell phone that syncs with outlook, I'll be all over it.
    I am a Marxist - of the Groucho variety

I'm new to the i500 world. I got mine as a handmedown from the IT Manager I replaced. I have to say, I've had a Kyocera 6035, Samsung i700, and Samsung i730. This is probably the worst PDA phone I've owned. Definitely not impressed, and I'm happy Samsung switched to the Windows Mobile OS.

Still alive and kicking with my I500 but like even phones that work everywhere else in the world, it does not work in Japan. However, I dont have to carry it around for I use an old Palm 515 to keep my data etc when I go to a place where phone will not work (no need to risk its loss etc.).

BB
    That'sssssssss all folks!

Still love my I500 - became a Samsung fan because of it - got their new Helix XM radio - wish Sprint would reconsider clamshell - just dreaming
    stevedrummer
    "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    - Herm Albright

It will come down to just you and me, sd.

BB

Quote Originally Posted by blazorboy
    It will come down to just you and me, sd.

BB
    Don't count me out, BB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimt
    Don't count me out, BB.
    Welcome to the Stick in the Mud Club. Anyway, for all my needs (phone quality, form factor, palm, business e-mail) there is nothing better. Not that it could not be improved, but the alternatives suck imho.

BB

still an avid i500 fan, with the balance still tipped in its favor, primarily because:

- it does what's important to me mostly well: phone, internet, small size flipphone, PDA.
    - my service area does not have Sprint EVDO, so no point in getting a Powervision phone.
    - occasional Vision/laptop tethered usage on the i500 costs nothing.
    - I use the i500 textmsg for push email (real-time incoming email), so I ring up 1500+ textmsgs/month. Therefore unlimited FREE grandfathered textmsgs is saving me the $15/mo current pricing of unl SMS.

Thus any new phone would cost me a lot more in service costs. But if one or more of the above factors changes, or if a really appeal new PDA phone were offered (hint: small flip PDAphone), then I would leave the i500 behind. Probably try to get onto a SERO account, where PV is "free".

(A)
    Still using it and waiting for an updated version with Bluetooth! Love the clamshell & the fact that the OS is not Windows! I put my whole life on this thing, but i do not connect to the internet.

Still using, almost from Day One, because it's perfect for my needs: first and foremost, it works and feels like a phone, and it readily syncs via Palm conduits my contacts, calendar, and to-dos directly from my desktop ACT database.

Every day I wake up fearing its demise, in which case I suspect I'm headed for the 700p. Or maybe just two cans and a string!
    "More things I don't need with money I don't have!"

I, too, continue to use it everyday in fear that it will break and I'll have to change to something else -- probably a 700p. I bought my wife a Treo 650 and there are certainly some features to like about it, but the i500 still meets all my needs. I'm trying to take good care of it.

Converged to near implant level

Still the best by default

I would love a slim, light new clamshell with Palm OS, but til then, I will stick with the i500. The battery latch just failed on mine (it is nicely taped together right now) so I will have to see if I can get one from Sprint, but there's always Ebay.
    Last edited by i500ski; 07-14-2006 at 01:31 AM. Reason: try to get my pic loaded

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast