+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke
    Still didnt work...
    hmm... strange... well I can look into a few more possibilities, if you give me some more information. What area code or city are you trying to send from ? Both tm-hack.prc and tm-smtp.prc give you the same error ? Using the Auto! option gives the same error ?

One possibility is that your locale's DNS servers are messed up. I've seen that happen before with Sprint.

Oh, if you can, preferably using your i500, send an email (e.g. using Eudora) to number@tmomail.net where "number" is the Tmobile number that you are trying to send to. Does it work ? On the i500 ? With your PC's email ?

Anyone else having either successes or problems sending to Tmo ?

Thanks.

There is another possiblity that I thought of... I understand that Tmo lets customers redefine their phone email address from number@tmomail.net to username@tmomail.net . If the person you are trying to send to did this, then that might explain the problem. But I would think that the Auto! (Teleflip) option should still work...
    Last edited by monkeyboy; 09-23-2006 at 09:49 PM.

tm-smtp.prc works fine

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy
    I just downloaded the tm-smtp.prc --- worked fine so far when I sent messages to a T-mobile phone. It shows my cell number instead of my username as the sender, though.

Thank you, both, for working on this.

hmm... strange... well I can look into a few more possibilities, if you give me some more information. What area code or city are you trying to send from ? Both tm-hack.prc and tm-smtp.prc give you the same error ? Using the Auto! option gives the same error ?

One possibility is that your locale's DNS servers are messed up. I've seen that happen before with Sprint.

Oh, if you can, preferably using your i500, send an email (e.g. using Eudora) to number@tmomail.net where "number" is the Tmobile number that you are trying to send to. Does it work ? On the i500 ? With your PC's email ?

Thanks.

There is another possiblity that I thought of... I understand that Tmo lets customers redefine their phone email address from number@tmomail.net to username@tmomail.net . If the person you are trying to send to did this, then that might explain the problem. But I would think that the Auto! (Teleflip) option should still work...
    Sorry to be a pain, but do you happen to have Eudora, I search all over the net couldnt find it?

A free one I mean
    Last edited by Leke; 09-25-2006 at 08:13 AM.

Sorry to be a pain, but do you happen to have Eudora, I search all over the net couldnt find it?
    Its still available free and direct from Qualcomm at eudora.com: http://www.eudora.com/products/unsupported/internetsuite/download/

Its called EIS for Palm 2.1. Choose the Windows download, for example, if your machine that you Hotsync your i500 with is a Windows machine. There are also Mac and Linux versions of the download package.

Its still available free and direct from Qualcomm at eudora.com: http://www.eudora.com/products/unsupported/internetsuite/download/

Its called EIS for Palm 2.1. Choose the Windows download, for example, if your machine that you Hotsync your i500 with is a Windows machine. There are also Mac and Linux versions of the download package.
    That seemed to work I'm able to mail to tmomail.net domain using eudora from my 1500.

The area code is 832 it's a Houston, TX area code all three, tm-hack.prc, tm-smtp.prc, and using the Auto! option gives the same error.

I have another theory about the problem you are seeing. It could be that your local router has blocked SMTP traffic, restricting it to only smtp.sprintpcs.com . That would be bad. So what did you tell Eudora to use as your smtp (outgoing) email server ? Was it smtp.sprintpcs.com ?

I had tried to set the SMTP server to smtp.sprintpcs.com in tm-hack.prc, but there is the issue of authentication, which smtp.sprintpcs.com seems picky about. I'll try again...

That seemed to work I'm able to mail to tmomail.net domain using eudora from my 1500.

The area code is 832 it's a Houston, TX area code all three, tm-hack.prc, tm-smtp.prc, and using the Auto! option gives the same error.
    Ok, if my theory is correct, that your problems sending to Tmo and Auto! are due to a local port 25 blockage, then:

1) You must have told Eudora to use smtp.sprintpcs.com as its SMTP server, yes ?
    2) If you try to send with Eudora using another SMTP server, (must be one that is either open or you have access to) it will fail.
    3) You can't send to Verizon either, using tm-hack.prc, tm-smtp.prc or Scott's original TM 2.1.

If these are all true, then try this patched version:

tm-imap.prc

It is considered "experimental", so please, folks, don't use this version unless the other two, tm-hack.prc and tm-smtp.prc don't work for you.

Whoops! the tm-imap.prc from yesterday broke some Cingular targets. If you grabbed tm-imap.prc (above) before reading this post, please download it again. As of this post, the "good" tm-imap.prc is v21c.

Please let me know if tm-imap.prc solves any problems -- it would be important to know that. And given the way it is implemented, I would appreciate a PM from you if you would like to keep on using it, that is, that it works better for you than tm-smtp.prc. I would like to know how many people would be affected if I find a need to change it.

I have another theory about the problem you are seeing. It could be that your local router has blocked SMTP traffic, restricting it to only smtp.sprintpcs.com . That would be bad. So what did you tell Eudora to use as your smtp (outgoing) email server ? Was it smtp.sprintpcs.com ?

I had tried to set the SMTP server to smtp.sprintpcs.com in tm-hack.prc, but there is the issue of authentication, which smtp.sprintpcs.com seems picky about. I'll try again...
    I'm an idiot your here trying to help me with a sprint issue and I use a gmail mail server to send mail. You and NOW I know gmail is not the issue so I tried the smtp.sprint.com outgoing server and like you said it had some authentication issues. I know the user name and password are correct I tested it out on the sprint site myself and it works.

I have not tried your other tm not sure if it would apply to me now that I tried this, or should I?

I have not tried your other tm not sure if it would apply to me now that I tried this, or should I?
    Yes, please try tm-imap.prc and let me know if it allows you to textmsg to Tmobile (and Cingular and Sprint). Thanks. If so, it means that your problems with the other two are because your SMTP port is blocked. Although if you're telling me that you used the Gmail SMTP server with Eudora (on the i500) to send email (particularly to number@tmomail.net) and it worked fine, then that probably isn't the problem. Please try anyways. Thanks.

Sorry for the late reply, I tried it with the new tm and same thing getting authentication issues..

Also since downloading the new tm I couldnt text to other sprint cingular or verizon users. So I went back the the old one I had and now I'm fine, but still cant text to T-mobile...
    Last edited by Leke; 10-04-2006 at 12:29 PM.

Sorry for the late reply, I tried it with the new tm and same thing getting authentication issues..
    Also since downloading the new tm I couldnt text to other sprint cingular or verizon users. So I went back the the old one I had and now I'm fine, but still cant text to T-mobile...
    hmm... that's very strange. By the "new tm", do you mean tm-imap.prc ? I have not changed anything related to texting to Sprint customers so that is very strange that you see a difference.

By "old one", do you mean tm-smtp.prc or Scott's original TM 2.1 ?

Not sure what the problem is. And from what you write, there then must be more than one problem. tm-imap.prc *should* work fine texting to Sprint, Verizon and Cingular.

At this point, more technical details would be needed, like what IP address and DNS servers you are using. You can get those by either: 1) using Eudora Web (only, not Webproc nor Nweb), go to http://www.nolo.net/pcsdata.shtml and hit SUBMIT, or 2) using a laptop and the i500 as a modem, going to the same URL, or at least 3) this procedure on the i500:
    - Connect to Vision using Preferences/Network/Connect
    - On the same Preferences/Network page, go to dropdown Menu/Options and choose View Log (alternatively, simply Graffiti a Stroke-V).
    - Scroll down to the bottom of this Network Log, you'll see something like:
    Local IP address: 68.245.182.12
    Gateway address: 68.28.113.69
    DNS addresses: 68.28.114.11 68.28.122.11

Please report those numbers. Thanks.
    Last edited by monkeyboy; 10-04-2006 at 03:35 PM.

IP:68.241.108.2
    DNS: Hostname:015-883-629.area5.spcsdns.net

It would be helpful to have the DNS server IP address(es) that you use, since that is one of the remaining possibilities for the problems you are seeing. You can get that by going to Preferences/Network/Options/View Log, as described above.

It is difficult to figure out what's going on, given your fact pattern. And so it is probably more efficient to debug this in "real-time" over the phone, if you wish. PM me if you would like to...

Local IP:68.241.224.26
    Gateway:68.28.185.69
    DNS:68.28.186.11
    Samsung A500<---Old faithful<--> to SPH-I500 but really want the Treo 700P and now I have IT!!

Dude what the heck I can now text to Tmobile, it's off and on with some people but I was able to send to someone just now...
    Samsung A500<---Old faithful<--> to SPH-I500 but really want the Treo 700P and now I have IT!!

DNS:68.28.186.11

Dude what the heck I can now text to Tmobile, it's off and on with some people but I was able to send to someone just now...
    Using which program ?

I checked out those DNS servers and they seem fine as far as recognizing all the servers it would need to for these programs (e.g. tm-hack/smtp/imap.prc) to work, particularly mailx.tmomail.net, the Tmobile SMTP server. So unless they fixed it recently, which is possible, explaining also why you can now txtmsg to Tmobile, then I dunno...

I'm glad it seems to work now for you. Let me know if it stops and we'll check it out again... I'm traveling to Atlanta next week, so I'll see if there are these sorts of problems down there... (a while ago, when I went to San Diego, I did experience both local Sprint DNS server problems and local Sprint blockage of port 25 (SMTP)).

Was using eudora web like you suggested, but so far so good it's off and on, must be Houston networks....

Was using eudora web like you suggested, but so far so good it's off and on, must be Houston networks....
    I meant: Which version or which program did you use to successfully send a txtmsg to a Tmobile number ? Or do you mean that you used Eudora (Email not Web) to send to Tmobile ? If so, did you try tm-smtp.prc again ?

Oh no I used tm-smtp.prc, but now it's acting flaky again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast