+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
    Originally posted by barry
    Someone might come out with a hack making the side volume up/down buttons - a "jog dial"/scrool.
    Developers, are you listening?? $9.95 would be a fair price.
    I'm confused as to exactly what this would do or add. The phone already has a big up/down button right in the center! Now, this moves the selected item and doesn't technically "scroll" until you hit the end of the screen. Plus, when you are in the Contacts listing, the volume buttons do indeed work -- as page up/down (since the middle button is already handling single item movement).

You're right in most cases, the current buttons are suffient. However, daily, I use Datebk5 more than anything & both the middle button & the side volume buttons- change to the next day. You can't "scrool" down the current page to see the extra to do items, etc. There may be a way within datebk5. I'll have to spend some more time on it.

Enjoying the best form factor out there!

You're right in most cases, the current buttons are suffient. However, daily, I use Datebk5 more than anything & both the middle button & the side volume buttons- change to the next day. You can't "scrool" down the current page to see the extra to do items, etc. There may be a way within datebk5. I'll have to spend some more time on it.

Well, if there isn't a way to set this in DateBk5, then what you're probably asking for is an i500 specific hack to DateBk5; not one for the i500 in general or the Palm Calendar program. Important to point Scott or others in the right direction! You will probably end up having to go to DateBk and ask them for an enhancement. But don't hold your breath.

Lightbulb

Go to the day view. Menu -> Options -> View Display Options. Select checkbox on the left "Scroll time then day". This will do what you want.

What? You mean RTFM??? Oh noooo!

bcaslis: That did it, Thanks.
    We'll let Scott concentrate on those great skinning & polyphonic ringer programs that he so graciously provides.

for all of you out there *****ing about sprint and how their customer service sucks you should be glad that the phone is not out on someone elses service. For example, the i-700 is on verizon's network. I want that phone badly, but i wont go to verizon. Secondly, i work for sprint, and for future referance, after you buy something online you should bring it into the store. That way someone there might be able to awnser your questions. I have spent the last three weeks extensively researching the i-500. learning everything that i can about it. the funniest thing is that not only do i not use a palm device (i own the ipaq 5455) but i am actually going to buy it, that way when someone does come into my store i will be able to answer their questions.
    The moral of the story is, calling up customer service has never worked in the past why would it start now, and as for sprint, just be happy it is not att or tmobile. have you ever tried their customer service?

It's nice to see someone who takes his job so seriously. You will go a long way, my friend.

Hey folks...new to the forum. I've got a broken Treo 300 and I'm looking to pick up a Treo 600 or i500 soon. I have some questions on one theme that I haven't really been able to grasp by reading the rest of these posts.

Does this phone have an earphone jack for an earpiece? If so, does it come with an earpiece. I know there is no way to use headphones for mp3's or anything like that, but it seems like it's been suggested that this phone doesn't even have an earphone jack for a wireless headset, and basically every phone has one of those, right?

Also, if it does have a headphone jack, and someone here is familiar with using a headset, can you flip the phone shut while using an earpiece so you can put it in your pocket while you talk? My old startac couldn't do that.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by libmanj
    Hey folks...new to the forum. I've got a broken Treo 300 and I'm looking to pick up a Treo 600 or i500 soon. I have some questions on one theme that I haven't really been able to grasp by reading the rest of these posts.

Does this phone have an earphone jack for an earpiece? If so, does it come with an earpiece. I know there is no way to use headphones for mp3's or anything like that, but it seems like it's been suggested that this phone doesn't even have an earphone jack for a wireless headset, and basically every phone has one of those, right?

Also, if it does have a headphone jack, and someone here is familiar with using a headset, can you flip the phone shut while using an earpiece so you can put it in your pocket while you talk? My old startac couldn't do that.

Thanks in advance.
    Yes, the phone has a jack, which unlike the Treo 300, does not require the phone plug type for a Nokia 3000/8000. The phone, however, does not come with a headphone....for the price of the i500 you would think it should.

Originally posted by libmanj

Thanks in advance.
    Yes it does have the standard 2.5mm headphone jack. It supports the on/off button for placing calls without open the phone (via voice dial.)

Yes, while the phone jack is plugged in, the "hangup on close" is disabled so you can close the phone and put it in your pocket. You can then end your call by using the pn/off button on the headset or you have to open the phone to press the End button or the call will end automatically when the other party hangs up.

L8r

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8