+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    The Dawn of SmartPhones Tony_ensemble's Avatar
    Cool pics. Can you post one of the soft phone interface if there is one. (What the screen looks like while you are dialing)
    The Saxon word for depression can be literally translated as "without beer", proving again that the Vikings were the pinnacle of all humankind.

i500 sold out at SPCS

Well it is now showing sold out on sprintpcs.com. I am a bit disappointed it took that long to sell out

Apparently it is showing up in local SPCS stores (and supposedly BB, though I have not seen this myself) so all hope is not lost
    Connecting you with what is important...http://3gwiz.com

Tony

Sorry I didn't bring my camera to the office with me. I'll try to get more pictures for you this evening. Still trying to find my way around this little jewel, but had problems with syncing last night.

This could be a problem for existing Palm users. I thought I'd cleaned out all traces of prior Palm settings, but it came up showing my Palm user ID. The manual says you must choose a new ID; HOWEVER, most Palm software registrations are tied to your user ID, so in order to reinstall on your new device, you have to use the same ID.
    Dale2 - The "P" in PDA is for Personal. There is no "best" PDA.
    Sprint CDMA Treo 650 since 11/05

Another Store Has Them!

The store in Newington, CT has them. I don't know how many - all I know is that there is one reserved with my name on it. I would bet a bunch of stores get them today.
    JLEV

Price and Best Buy Match???

Is the store price also $599? I assume it is.... any attempt to match Best Buy's sale on phones right now?

anyone get a discount? My local store said I could get $30 off when it came in, but I need more than that!

On what basis are they giving you a $30 discount? I'd like to try to use the same reasoning. It's not a lot, but it will pay for a car charger.

I don't think the SPCS store will price match since the Best Buy stores, at least around here, don't have them yet.
    JLEV

$30 discount

I called up retention a few weeks ago and they told me I was elgible for a discount on a phone if I went into a store, but that it would depend on the phone and I'd have to go into a store to find out. If I were you, I'd go into the store and say that the sprint people on the phone told you to go into a store and find out what your discount would be. The least they can say is, you're not elgible.

I need best buy to get them!!

Hmm, perhaps we'll see it show up in more SPCS stores today. Although, none think it would be here this week. Lets hope they're wrong. While I want BB to get it, I wouldn't mind buying it from SPCs, and then matching in two weeks, or returning and buying at BB, at least I could play around with it.

Retention told me the same thing, on more then one occassion. See the store about the existing customer upgrade program, she gave me the official/exact name, but I forgot it.

Please post if you hear of ad'l SPCS stores getting it in.

Thanks,
    Jason

uh oh

I forgot about the returns / price match... I may have to buy it today if the troy, michigan store has it in!

I wonder what happens to the $30 bonus (did you get more/less?) if I return it or try to price match it....

We have a few left in stock.

No sales tax unless you're in Texas.

http://www.dpcomputerstore.com/produ..._id=18-004-002

Larry
    Larry Melamed
    Dream Pages Computer Store
    Unlocked Treo 600 GSM/GPRS now in stock!

boe

Los Angeles

Anyone see one at a store in Los Angeles? I"d really like to check it out in person.

Thanks

ok, here's a dumb question, how far is midland from Dallas I think I shall call some stores around here today to see if it has arrived!
    old devices: I300, I330, I500
    current: I730

hey... I'm in Dallas as well... do you have an actual store here??

BBH
    Overland Park, KS (Yeah Sprint World Headquarters) SPCS stores do not have them in, and do not know when they will arrive. Best Buy also say check back after 8/1/03, but no idea right now. Anyone in the KC area seen any of these around here? I hate to order off the web (not an option at the moment) not home to pick it up, and UPS usually does not leave it there.

that store in CT, got them awfully early in the day. My area stores get their UPS shipments in late afternoon, so i'll try calling back in a few hours.

Another plus for buying at BB is that i'll get reward zone point!
    just called one of the BB a bit north of me, they get shipments Tues and Thurs nights, she was optimistic, i'll try in the morning. the other 3 stores in my area get shipments Wed and Fri, so I got to at least Thurs morning before I hear anything!!!

Originally posted by clintrob
    ok, here's a dumb question, how far is midland from Dallas I think I shall call some stores around here today to see if it has arrived!
    tsk, tsk, tsk,

I always knew that nothing west of I35 mattered in Texas. Let's just say we can chalk one up for the country mice over the city mice (BTW pardnuh, that's little d, big M).

hahaha.... well I'm not a TX native, only been here about a year... I claim NC as home sorry for not knowing where Midland is, but yes, the country mice have prevailed in this battle

ok gang, road trip to Midland!!

Originally posted by clintrob
    hahaha.... well I'm not a TX native, only been here about a year... I claim NC as home sorry for not knowing where Midland is, but yes, the country mice have prevailed in this battle

ok gang, road trip to Midland!!
    Always available for the geographically challenged. Just point your car west on I20, and stop after about 350 miles (+/- depending on starting point)

Just in case you weren't kidding, you might want to call the store first 432-520-3444 - locals may have cleaned it out already (they told me they'd had a lot of questions).

Thanks for the info! I was just kidding however... I just got back from a road trip vacation down the texas coast... man this state is big... I did enough driving to hold me over for a long while...

back on topic - I called my local sprint store and no phones... I will continue to wait, hopefully for Best buy.... PSP, reward zone points as someone pointed out, and hopefully a rebate

boe

Los Angeles

I'm very disappointed in Los Angeles Sprint stores. I thought LA was known for cell phones yet no one has it yet. One person even said he didn't know Samsung had any new phones coming out! Another said they won't get them until the end of AUGUST!!