+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: i500 as a modem

Originally posted by mzahidi
    okay its either my drivers or something, so can someone send a working i500 cd, even an image for that ?
    please the image that is avial from samsung is messed up ...thanx
    I am really sorry you're having this much trouble. Seriously. But this has been covered over and over in this forum. The link and instructions to download the CD contents are found in the faq and even more specifically in this thread: HERE

Hey guys,

Do any of you know why there might be an error message #678 that comes up? It says that it cannot connect to the remote computer. Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks.

last cry :(

i got one question,
    if u connect i500 using the Cradle(to be used as a Modem)
    , does the phone work as a modem and show up on win XP as a modem and INSTALL properly,

i ask this because the retractable cable,which i bought and could be bad.

It might just wokr with sync, but not connecting for the phone to work as a modem ... the connector on that is different from the docking cradle, the cable seems to have all the pins...?
    than if its not the cable then i'm goin to get a new phone under warranty somehow... or just sell it and get a new one I'll post a pictured of it too... thanx alot

Re: last cry :(

if u connect i500 using the Cradle(to be used as a Modem)
    , does the phone work as a modem and show up on win XP as a modem and INSTALL properly
    I believe that the cradle cable and the 3rd party sync cables are the same, electrically. There are only 3 conductors (plus power) that is relevant to a USB cable, so it is not conceivable that there is anything else going on. I presume you are getting the same results with the cradle and with the USB sync cables ?

yes u r correct, i can only sync, but windows doesn't see the phone as a modem :'(

yes u r correct, i can only sync, but windows doesn't see the phone as a modem :'(
    I have the same problem I had my i300 and i330 both working on my laptop. I got the i500 and it will not work at all. I'm still using all of the same drivers, cables and Win98SE

Arrow

okay i'm not the only one goin crazy w/ that problem , we def gotta figure that problem out, it seems that function is either locked or something, i'm gonna get my phone unlocked ,if anything get it replaced under warranty..let u know abt what happened..lemme know of any progress or change

i got the WK19 software version?
    what do u have?
    im gonna get the software upgrade, maybe that's the problem for us, but don't be hopeful

I have not had the soft ward upgrade since my phone works just fine for me as is, and mine works just fine as a modem, I just followed the instructions listed at the top of this thread.
    Terry

Originally posted by Libertarian
    I have the same problem I had my i300 and i330 both working on my laptop. I got the i500 and it will not work at all. I'm still using all of the same drivers, cables and Win98SE
    mmm... I thought that the i300 was not a true USB device whereas the i500 is. Is there any reason to believe that i300 cables and drivers would work with the i500 ?

Why not try real i500 drivers and cables ?

i500 to iPaq (pda) cable ?

Anyone aware of a cable to go from the i500 to an iPaq 24xx series? I'd like to use the i500 as the wireless modem for the iPaq. Sure would be easier to lug around than the notebook I've got connected to the i500 right now.
    tnx

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9