+ Reply to Thread

SMS, TM, Auto teleflip.com

This is a query for those of you who are using the patched versions of Scott's TM (tm-smtp and tm-imap) and its Auto! (teleflip.com) carrier feature. You hopefully are aware of the fact that teleflip.com limits you to 100 messages/month through them. Also they put their little tag line at the end of each message. You may wish to visit their website to learn more about them, if you haven't already.

Basically the query is whether it would be worthwhile to reinvent this particular wheel, and provide for a similar Auto! function for TM, but without the particular constraints of the teleflip.com service (mostly the 100SMS/mo). I personally don't use the Auto! function that much, perhaps 10 times a month because I know the carriers of most of who I send SMSs to and they are among the top 4 (Sprint, Tmobile, Verizon and Cingular). But some of you may be using the Auto! function a lot more (100/mo is only about 3 per day).

No promises, but the possible replacement for the teleflip.com Auto! function would probably not cover the entire list of carriers that teleflip.com covers (they apparently handle all these little carriers I've never heard of, and Canadian carriers as well), but include, say, the top 10 carriers (with the possibility of you all suggesting additional ones to add). It would not have the 100SMS/mo limit, nor include any little tagline at the end.

Anyways, just trying to get a feel for whether such an effort is worthwhile...

I just visited the teleflip.com website (on a lark) and it looks like they've upped the free limit to 500/mo from the original 100/mo. If that's the case (and plus I'm not hearing a big clamor anyways), I think I'll just leave it all as it is for now...

Thumbs up teleflip replacement

Well since teleflip is gone you guys can try out phonenumber@beltic.com
    there coverage is even bigger than what teleflip used to cover.
    Or vissit their site at Beltic